Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Helmet cam and microphone on an A/V input

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam guy

I'm a newbie at this. I've got a 12 VDC helmet camera connected to a handicam using the video plug on the A/V input cable. It has an inline microphone that is connected to the audio plug on the A/V input cable. All this works fine.

I would like to use a different external microphone (to allow me to route a microphone to another location, the inline microphone is too bulky) connected to the audio plug on the A/V cable, but have never been able to get this to work. I'm guessing it's some sort of grounding issue, but basically I have no ideas.

Is there a simple way to fix it so that I can use my helmet camera with my external microphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back