Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Favourite film.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
For me it has to be "12 Angry Men" Absolute flop in the cinema but now a classic. A Review.

You could remake this today and not change any of the dialog and it would still make complete sense and still be be fantastic.

Made in Black & White in 1957 and shows that the prejudices back then haven't really changed.

Mike.
P.S. Selfishly looking for great films to watch.

The only one from that era that really stands out for me is "This Island Earth", 1955.

"The Final Countdown" (1980) is another long term favourite:

But, I think the one I have re-watched far more times than any other is Terminator 2. That still stands out as a phenomenal film after 30+ years.

Doctor Strangelove.

A few of my favoutites:

In Bruges

Django Unchained

Full Metal Jacket

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

JimB

My very first shift in the television industry way back when was winding the take up film reel after the drive belt broke on a RankCintel film projector for the NZBC (New Zealand Broadcasting Coporation) - the film - Planet of the Apes.

The take up belt broke right at the beginning, it was on air and the only telecine machine in the building = 1 1/2 hrs of winding by hand.

And has to be watched before going to Bruges ;)
We did!! The day we went to Bruges it bucketed down.. Spoilt the whole day.
I burried myself in those piggin gorgeous syrupy waffles.. That made it all better!!

Eraser head

The Odessa File

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back