Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Favourite Test Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron, you an I may have been at Lowry at the same time! We had several Marines in our class. I was there in September through Thanksgiving in 1971 .... had six inches of snow fall before it was officially summer.

Hi Dean

I want to think it was early '71 when I was there or Spring maybe. OMG, 40 years ago. Life was so good and simple. :) Lowery was great for a Marine as not many of us attended that school. There was a guy named Larry Bulinsky who went that year after I was there, he was from my outfit. I only remember that because he and I shared several duty stations and training.

Ron

Hi Ya Crosh
You have that Mega Surplus place out your way don't you? My wife is going to Phoenix on Thursday for a few weeks. I should give her a shopping list. :)

Yep - Apache Reclamation and Electronics on (roughly) 3rd Avenue and Apache, one block north of I-10); tell her to wear old clothes if she goes! ;)

Ignitrons are pretty cool for conversation pieces.

This one would make quite the conversation piece alright (perhaps with certain TLAs!); it's fairly large (not sure how large they can really get, though) - about 2 1/2 feet tall, 1 foot or so in diameter. Mounted upright in a crate; other than age, it doesn't look damaged. I haven't tried moving or shifting it, but it looks heavy (IIRC, stainless steel and some large gauge copper mounting bolts and such - plus whatever mercury is in it). The thing is bolted to the crate.

It would probably make for a nice display piece in an electronics collection, if you didn't have a use for it - but I am not sure I would want something like that in a house...heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back