Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Favourite/Favorite Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquisitive

Super Moderator
Okay, what is your favorite music album.

I'd have to say Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon.

What is yours?

Okay, what is your favorite music album.

What is yours?

Classic on a really good Basic setup.
Basic and pure and loud. No graphic equalizers anywhere near. Amazing :D

Regards,
tvtech

Classic on a really good Basic setup.
Basic and pure and loud. No graphic equalizers anywhere near. Amazing :D

I watched (most of) a program about the making of Dark Side of the Moon the other week - I'll try and catch the start next time it's on.

It was VERY, VERY interesting, and they had the original recording engineer along with the original multi-track tapes :D

I watched (most of) a program about the making of Dark Side of the Moon the other week - I'll try and catch the start next time it's on.

It was VERY, VERY interesting, and they had the original recording engineer along with the original multi-track tapes :D

Hi Nigel

I sold top quality Audio equipment in the early Eighties......Dark Side of the Moon demo was a pre requisite for a successful sale.

That was then. Still a Classic now. Pure and no equalizers. The way it is supposed to be.

Regards,
tvtech

I refused to go see the Auzi Pink Floyd. My wife made me go anyway, she'd been at me for a weeks saying she paid for these tickets and were going.

I hated sitting there deeply disturbed. So, I had a couple dark beers and then before I knew it. ( It didn't matter if it was the real deal or not)

Regardless, Pink Floyd is still good even when a cover band does it. Of course a good one anyway.

Last edited:
Out Of The Blue - ELO or perhaps A Night At The Opera - Queen. It's so difficult to pick and given a little more thinking I'd probably choose something else! :)

For a single "classic" album, maybe Dire Straits (self titled). Every song highly refined through years of pub gigs before they went into the studio. All recorded live in the studio as the band played (more or less) without all this ovedub engineering that happens these days

Sultans of swing and Wild west end both classics in their own right. The band were never that good again, with their future songs all created for an album which is just not the same as songs refined with love for years before they were eventually recorded.

For a single "classic" album, maybe Dire Straits (self titled). Every song highly refined through years of pub gigs before they went into the studio. All recorded live in the studio as the band played (more or less) without all this ovedub engineering that happens these days

Sultans of swing and Wild west end both classics in their own right. The band were never that good again, with their future songs all created for an album which is just not the same as songs refined with love for years before they were eventually recorded.

Hi Roman

I forgot the very best of the best....Fleetwood Mac.....Rumours. Absolute classic. With Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks on vocals.

Never used Rumours for Demos...if I had I would probably have sold more Top End equipment.

Alas, I was still too young then to accommodate what my customers "really wanted to hear". They all did not want to hear Dark Side of the Moon. I was into Rock. Many liked me to play classical stuff...me @ the age of around 24 Years.....

I unfortunately could not accommodate them.

I had free reign in a soundproof place when the Boss was out. It was heaven. Best equipment. Best Rock music. Best soundproofing.

And as much Volume as my ears could handle....

I used to lock the shop door so that customers could not intrude on my "session".

To cut a long story short....they are doing well. And I left there around 25 Years ago.

Heck, brings back brilliant memories though ;)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Now I am talking to myself......again. I dream of a yacht, a really nice car.....or maybe a life???

Very best regards,
tvtech

Depends on my mood, Inq. My favorites change day to day, even hour to hour :D

Beatles White album. A classic since '67. Listen to the sax in "Savoy Truffle."

Also love ELO, and anything else from the musical genius Jeff Lynne.

Fleetwood mac Rumours is indeed great. I love Pink Floyd too. Greatest hits (?) from Heart is classic too. I also love some of the new music coming out on FM radio from all kinds of bands lately. Maybe it's better produced and technically messaged to sound great, just like the White Album was.

Beatles, here comes the sun is the top ! and now alex goot with all his gooty music :D

Huey Lewis and The News. Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back