Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equiry about the addressing method for multiple messages for ISD2560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear David,

Can you please advice me what to do if I don't have any basic about serial interfacing but need to use ISD1700 series with PIC16F877A? Thanks.

Sorry CINCAILO for the delay, i've just read your post....
Tomorrow i'll post to you 5116 infos and i'll look again at your questions.
Now it's too late here...
Sorry again.

2560 vs 5116

About how to record on 2560:
Well, first of all, resolution addressing is as you told 0.1 Sec MIN.
This is our limit. Internal clock can't be modified cause frequency cut of antiliasing filter is fixed.
I would suggest you to see the problem from another spot.
Instead to record any separate file on 2560, try to suppose to make up a single audio file where you compile all your messages, one after another and then, record it as unique message into 2560. In this way you can in a second time, referring to your original marks in your audio editor, compile a time list with any start address. I hope this can help....

About 5116: i attach a source code wrote by Martin Dubuc and relative schematic about how to drive a 5116 by a PIC 16F877A. Software is very well commentd and supports any 5116 function.
You can compile it by a C compiler, also you can use 4MHz clock spped instead of 20MHz and, in this case, if you use a 16LF877A you can omitt the tension level adapter ciruit...

Let me know...
Regards.

Attachments

• 5116 SET.zip
    63.5 KB · Views: 224
So you mean I record all message as 1 message instead of separate message? But then how am I going to know the time list? As my single message may be just 1s or less.

Thanks for your information sharing. I will take a "serious" look.

First of all you have to use an audio editor with time marks, in this way you can record your messages and take a note at what point of time any message starts so, when you'll play them back, you have just to address the start point and switch off the reproduction getting LOW CE's ISD pin
Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back