Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics Design Engineer -Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

diFabio

Hi, I am looking for a capable electronics hardware design engineer to assist in the development of a versatile dc to ac inverter as well as a unique charging system. We will accept schematics and/or to include a completed working circuit board. Our time table is immediately. Can anyone help me.

Inverter Requirements

I am developing two different inverters.
First Inverter has the following specs
Input 48v dc, Output AC 200amp 240v with all the bells and whistles for protection and commuincation.
The second Inverter will be a little different with
Input of 48v, 60v, 72v,....up to 120v respectivly dc, Output 240v-360v ac
I can program the seperate selection if needed.
What is you experience?

Oh- man...
LOL, yes plzzz tell us your experience. Fabio wants to know if you are qualified to help him (for free)
Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Sorry guys this is a serious request. Buying an inverter of that size is much to expensive and by designing my own will be well suited for our rapid charging system that we have all ready developed. In regards to price I am more than willing to pay well for a product that meets all my needs. I would be happy to discuss in private email upon which time I will need to know experience and received a confintiality agreement.

What frequency ac?

Square wave or pure sine?

Still waiting for you to answer Blue. 1000amp 48volt battery?

Buying a commercial unit of this size will be far cheaper than anything you design from scratch. It's expensive because it's a powerful specialized device.

Use a gas powered generator, it'll be far cheaper.

Pure Sine wave at 50/60 hz is needed. Generator is out. Will want to build numberious units as well as continue to inprove on "Total system design"
Never said anything about 1000amp 48v battery.
Still need to know experience.
Thanks

If you could find the component parts to put together a 200 amp 240 volt output inverter, go for it. Those would be BIG. not to mention the input side...WOW.

Better off buying an inverter capable of those kind of specs. Just having a schematic of a circuit won't address heat issues for that kind of current.

Sorry Fabio...

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
Mata au hima de
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
Himitsu o shiri tai

Or something like that

I don't know him well, but stumbled across a post that looked suspiciously like it was written by someone who knew about power electronics, and when I looked up his profile....Power Engineer!

I thought it worth saying because, honestly this poster's request is quite unusual. In my experience, it will always cost more to hire a competent engineer to design a one-off than will buying something off-the-shelf. Good engineers should be charging upwards of $150 to $500 an hour and a design like this could easily take a few hundred hours. That's a lot of dough.

Not to mention that the guts of this inverter will not involve a printed circuit board. We're talking 2 inch copper bus bars and wall mount "components" here, with water cooling no less.

Reminds me of my trip to the Aluminium smelter. Talk about high current bus bars!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back