Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRSSTC current transformer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatedBD

Hello,

I was not sure whether to post this in the High voltage forums, or here, Im almost sure it is here, since I would like to ask a question about the control circuits,

I am building a DRSSTC (dual resonant solid state tesla coil) and have made my driver, and am putting together parts of the bridge, however, part of the driver needs a current transformer around the primary to function, which is where my question is,

Im using cascaded CTs (2 CTs in series, 1:30 turn ratio each) to get my feedback signal, so I dont have to wind hundreds upon hundreds of turns, can this cause any significant delays in the signal to my driver?
my CT is a 10K permiability core made from #40 material.

thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back