Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

double inverting using 741?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By double inverting do you mean double invert the polarity?

If you double invert any signal you will get back what you started with.

e.g invert +5V to get -5V

invert -5V to get +5V

sorry if i have missunderstood your question but it seemed a strange one to ask thats all

andy

The LM741 is a single OP Amp, so I don't know what he's getting at?

With a single inverter you can only invert once. If you wanted to, you could configure it as a buffer and then say the signal is inverted 2*n times.

j.

yes u r right

i need to convert 10voltage into 20voltage ....... :roll: is this -Non-inverting Operational Amplifiers worki for me and who

circuit will help i guess

are you after 10V POWER to 20V POWER?? If that is the case you need a DC:DC converter.

If you are after 10V SIGNAL to 20V SIGNAL use an OPAMP but arrange it as a non-inverting amplifier instead of an inverting amplifier

The gain of an inverting amp is
-Rf/Ri

The gain for a non-inverting is
1+ Rf/Ri

So by using the feedback and input res as both 10k you will get a gain of two.

Search google for "non-inverting amplifier circuits"

I highly doubt the humble 741 can achieve the output voltage swings you require, not to mention that you would need a reasonably high voltage dual supply.
If you have a lower power supply, use a DC-DC convertor. Else use a voltage regulator, or a series of zeners for low-current applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back