Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Darlington-ish pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue2004STi

Hey all,

New to the forums. I was looking at a schematic the other day and I saw something that confused me a bit. It was the first stage of a phaser guitar pedal(small stones model, not that it matters). The link to the circuit I'm refering to here https://www.montagar.com/~patj/smlstone.gif , in particular it is the upper left most part. The darlington pair-esque thing. To me this looks like a darlington pair with one small difference, ones an npn and the other a pnp. My question is what effect does this have on the characteristics of the darlington pair's characteristics? More apropos what does this part of the circuit perform? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Your link does not work. It is too bad that you didn't copy the schematic and post it here.

Last edited:
You may be refering to a Sziklai pair. Like a darlington pair the beta of the pair is the product of the individual betas, but unlike the Darlington pair there is only one Vbe drop instead of two.

A common use would be in a class B output stage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back