Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Distortion in darlington amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least one American President spoke with the accent of Boston. People also talk funny in Alabamaha.

At least one American President spoke with the accent of Boston. People also talk funny in Alabamaha.

Soooorry, but people from Canada have an accent too, eh?

there are actually several "subdialects" of the "Boston accent".... Pres Kennedy's was what's called a "Back Bay" accent, and there's "South Shore", "North Shore", and a few others...

there are actually several "subdialects" of the "Boston accent".... Pres Kennedy's was what's called a "Back Bay" accent, and there's "South Shore", "North Shore", and a few others...

I think it's pretty obvious that there are different regional accents all over the world, no matter what the language - and obviously the USA been such a large country has a VERY wide range of accents.

From a British point of view we can't usually tell the difference between American and Canadian, unless it's French/Canadian.

A friend of mine moved to the USA many years ago (1970's), up New York state way, and when he's been back over here he's got a terrible American accent, yet over there they still think he's got a British accent :D

For me, the most difficult English language dialect is from Australia's Outback.

Larger cities like Sidney, being so cosmopolitan, have the down under accent somewhat tamed.
But if they come from Alice Springs, that is another ballgame.

Soooorry, but people from Canada have an accent too, eh?
Canada has many languages because people came here from everywhere. About 10% of Canadians speak only French (different from the French spoken in France) and there are some Chinese and people from India that speak only their own languages.
I lived in and travelled all across Canada and find an English accent spoken only in the island of Newfoundland (population only half a million) because most people originated from Ireland, England and Scotland.

People in Vancouver in the West Coast speak English the same as people in Toronto near the east.

And you dare to call yourself 'professionals'??
Bunch of sick clauns.
Keep blabbering.

Well, Mr Friendly is back!
I'm not sure what a "claun" might be but welcome back nonetheless. The conversation on this thread was getting a bit too congenial.

When an OP starts off with:
I am not good at electronics;
...you could reasonably expect that responses made by those choosing to answer, offering critique of assumptions put forth and content supplied, might be met with some curiosity and a willingness to learn, rather than outright hostility and belligerence.

There's maybe a few thousand years of combined experience on these very forums, just waiting to be tapped into.
There are life-long engineers, scientists, professors, experienced and general hobbyists, new and graduating EE's freely offering their time to give another member a leg-up.

Some instances may result in erroneous information posted, perhaps due to misunderstandings, which quickly gets corrected in following posts.
Other instances may result in off-topic nit-picking and bickering, over non-technical details that have no relation to the problem at hand, due to inter-personal views.

But at the end of the day, ETO members strive to give out technically-correct guidance to new members that are willing to listen and learn.

A recent example of a new member being guided towards a project goal can be found here:

This thread did not have to go in the direction it did, OP was in the driving seat and appeared to be determined to go off into the tall grass......

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back