Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compound Pair vs Darlington Pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that all the transistors in a complementary Sziklai pair amplifier should be bolted close together with the bias transistor on the heatsink.
Then when the output pair gets hot it heats the drivers and bias transistor the same amount to avoid "thermal runway".

Aside from the thermical behaviour, in a 20W+- 14V output voltage closed loop gain of 80 THD <1% 10ohm resistive load and at least 80 kHz bandwidth both of those solutions are ok or insufficient infos are given to properly answer the question? Or maybe the question doesn't make any sense...

Aside from the thermical behaviour, in a 20W+- 14V output voltage closed loop gain of 80 THD <1% 10ohm resistive load and at least 80 kHz bandwidth both of those solutions are ok or insufficient infos are given to properly answer the question? Or maybe the question doesn't make any sense...

Should be perfectly fine, with either, the configurations really make very little difference - it's more a question of what you have available.

Oh God, I didn't mean to say vinyl was better, just old-school and easier to understand...

I agree with the comments about vinyl, I can't understand the sudden fascination by a small percentage of the population for old low spec technology?.

I guess it all comes down to what you call "fun"
At the weekend you may want to go for a drive out in the country in this:

1577711371434.png

But for a daily driver, this would be more suitable:
1577711484617.png

JimB

I've read that Sziklai is prone to high freq oscillations due to its feedback loop..
I can't figure out where this feedback loop actually is...
It should be obvious but I haven't understood this concept...

Attachments

• szi.png
    szi.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back