Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating my Own Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlord_1011

hello all

I am currently in the process of designing my own Amplifier.

Now here is the Issue, i need a volume control for 6 inputs (so the Amp is 5.1 Capable)

now i basically need either a chip or some sort of setup what will control 6 AC input signals, controlled by a single pot.

My idea was to use transistors and vary the base current (NPN) to vary the transistors Resistance (as part of a voltage divider) however the Negative part of the signal was not effected

so to summarize all i need is 6 inputs to be controlled by a single DC input via a pot, what then effects the output of the "Black Box"

any questions please ask me if i have not made myself fully crystal clear.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
The Xicor X9514 is a digital pot that operates with a couple of push-buttons to control volume up/down. They can be ganged. Also look at their app note AN49. E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back