Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

color detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnu_m

i'm b.tech student.doing project color detector.can any one give me details of the type of filters that i hav to use in color detector circuit.u can find the circuit attached to dis.

please please help me.............

Attachments

• colordetector.gif
    colordetector.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 476
It looks like this circuit uses optical filters of different colours. They are probably cut out of theater gels

Color gel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are just coloured sheets of clear plastic.

from a source like this one:
**broken link removed**

but you may also be able to find something in the hobby section at Walmart or Michaels, but I'm just guessing. Since you would need only a tiny piece of each colour to place in front of your detectors, perhaps its time to scrounge a bit to see what you can find.

Hi,

Just a little thought...

A micro controller would simplify this circuit by 1000 percent and make
wiring it up much much faster.

Edmund Scientific used to sell thin color sheets of a very wide range of
colors. I dont know if they still do though.

Hi cnu_m,

you might get some ideas googling for "M&M sorter", a machine sorting M&Ms to their colour.

Boncuk

You could use transparent coloured sweet wrappers for filters

Man, that's a cool project. I wouldn't change it to a micro controller. It's already simple.

thank u all

i'm thankful for the information given by u all.

i came across "color separation filters" . are they useful to me?

please reply me

You don't list where you are, but you can get a small booklet of all the gel colors/types Roscolux makes here:
**broken link removed**

Jeff

use of color separation filters

can i use color separation filters there.please give me reply.

im located in INDIA.IF i can use color separation filters there please give me their availabilty if possible.

can i use color separation filters there.please give me reply.

im located in INDIA.IF i can use color separation filters there please give me their availabilty if possible.
What are colour separation filters, if you posted a link to a site where you can buy them, then we might be able to advise you.

"color separation filters" are dichroic (reflective) thingies that are made using thin-film metal deposition on glass.

CSF are superior to theatrical and gel filters in terms of accuracy and stability, but as I understand it, this project doesn't need accuracy.

Typically RGB, CSF's are used to isolate out narrow bands of spectrum. I think they're also used in LCD monitors, but I might be wrong here.

In tri-color separation photography for dye-transfer printing, they use Wratten #25 (red), #58 (green) and #47 (blue) filters. These might well be the ones suitable for this project.

For the techy part of the project, the colours form three points of a triangle within the CIE chromaticity thingy below. Colours outside of the triangle are un-resolvable.

**broken link removed**

You can use a PC and its colour monitor to test the instrument with, just create the colours by entering the RGB values in something like PaintShop or Adobe watsitcalled.

Last edited:
availability of color separation filters

thank u.

can u give me details of availability of these filters in INDIA.I'm getting them but they are wholesale sellers and not retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back