Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Color code calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB KIRK

Hello,i want to build a color code calculator,that will identify a number with a coresponding color.there are 42 numbers and 6 colors.maybe a 8x8 matrix keypad,a lcd and a programmed pic would work.Any ideas? THANKS BOB

Might be helpful if you explained what it's function is.

Why use an 8x8 (64 key) keypad? Would a 10 digit phone keypad work? Could 6 LEDs represent the 6 colors?

Hi bill, in my 25+ years as a commercial electrician i have seen many lost hours caused by guys pulling the wrong color wire into a breaker panel.to comply with nec code the low voltage colors are black,red,blue and the high voltage colors are brown,orange,yellow.the 42 numbers are the circuit breakers.odd on left,even on right.lets say i have to pull circuit #27 low voltage.the proper color is red.the colors are redundant top to bottom.punch circuit number into calculator and find proper color.also calculator could tell how many neutrals to pull when pulling multicircuit branch wireing.thanks bob

For what it would cost to build from scratch you might want to consider having someone write the code for an Apple iTouch / iPhone.
Color display, touchscreen, small & portable. Older iTouches can be had for less than $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back