Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cell phone jammer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many good points about jamming a cell phone, especially during my pub quiz, the cheating buggers, but....the bad points are potentially life threatening.

why dont you work on using bluetooth to switch phones into silent mode in certain areas, i believe this is being developed at the moment.

I have toyed with the idea of building one, i also have plans, but I wont be building it, it just isnt right to do it, legally or morally.

sigh. I wish people would just stop tying to come up with ways of messing with others. Like the MIRTs that flip traffic lights. I guess part of growing up is to learn self-restraint.

jam_mafia said:
hello everyone,
i am a final year btech student(electronics) and i am doing my final year project and that nothing but ""CELL PHONE JAMMER".i wud like to ask everyone where cud i get the necessary information regarding my project.thanx in advance!

You're final year, and you can't even type correctly, or use correct grammar, what has happened to education these days?

-Steve

offcourse it is legit

take it easy ppl.
Cell jammers are used in a lot of places these days, theaters, some places in some hospitals, and so on.
offcourse there are warning that these are used and people should be aware that these are in area.
neverthehelss banning cell phones according to your mood is not a nice thing to do neither are posting information to build one as you never know who will use it .
BUT, the US law states in these type of stuff "its legal to buy it/build it, but is not legal to use it"
as if you gut a gun and keep it , you cant just say you will cause people to die and bla bla.
beside you can easly buy a jammer from china or even china town in NY these days.

i think replies should be a little more civilised than this, and if a guy wants to know somthing , we can explain slowly why we cant help.

Thank you all

In what part of the world are these jammers legal to use?

I don't believe in the USA or Canada. I though European countries didn't allow that either.

Just because you can buy one doesn't mean anything. You can buy heroin, too. In civil society, restraint is a good thing to be capable of.

In my university (southampton, England) the electronics lab buildings (and a few others) have been painted with a special membrain to reduce electromagnetic interference, this was to reduce the effect on experiments. the windows were also treated.

its nearly imposible to get a signal in there... you walk out the door you get full signal!

this is a far better option that a cell phone jammer ... tho more expensive i imagin

Misterbenn said:
In my university (southampton, England) the electronics lab buildings (and a few others) have been painted with a special membrain to reduce electromagnetic interference, this was to reduce the effect on experiments. the windows were also treated.

its nearly imposible to get a signal in there... you walk out the door you get full signal!

this is a far better option that a cell phone jammer ... tho more expensive i imagin

See all the previous mentions of 'Faraday Cages'.

Movie theater asks FCC to jam cell phones as a "feature":
**broken link removed**

Apparently throwing people out of the theater for talking on a cell phone was just too easy.
Don't think the FCC's going to be too keen on the idea.

If I were his professor, Id fail the moron just for the way he spells.

hyedenny said:
If I were his professor, Id fail the moron just for the way he spells.
At least I'm not his professor. and if I was, I would have nearly expelled him.

Nigel Goodwin said:
jam_mafia said:
i agree with ur thoughts so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but wats harm in making one?????

How about this example:

A poor gentleman collapses having a heart attack, his wife tries to ring for an ambulance - but some prat is jamming cell phone use - result, her husband dies!.

Feel free to imagine any other emergency service you wish!.

This example is totally STUPID I have heard this one before. Cell phone jammers have a short range 100 feet at the most. Only an IDIOT would suggest such an example and only a BLIND IDIOT would stand over a dying person holding a cell phone jammer. How DUMB can you get!!! National Semiconductor sells a IC that is a complete cell phone jammer package all you need is a battery and a tiny 4" antenna. The DEA, ATF, FBI all use cell phone jammers during a drug bust or raid they don't want the bad guys making any phone calls. If you wonder who National sells cellphone jammer ICs too just ask the DEA or the FBI. A lot of their sales goes over sea where jammers are legal. I bet the DEA and FBI do not worry for 1 second that someone might have a heart attack and need to call 911.

What if a doctor on call gets a request to show up in an emergency room and you've jammed it? LOTS of emergency workers are on call at any given time and absolutely rely on cell phones. And as mentioned 911 service should never be blocked either. On a practical level people depend on cell phones for important though nonemergency communication every day so trying to deny them that because you don't like it is incredibly asinine.

Movie theatres have played with the idea of shielding (not jamming) the rooms so they cannot receive cell phone signals, it has been nixed for the emergency call reasons.

It is perfectly legal to shield an room or building to block cell phone signals. Shielding is a big business. You can buy a paint, glass, wall covering, ceiling tile, all sorts of things made specially to block cell phone signals. Some restaruants and other places have this and they usually have a sign that says your cell phone will not work inside this building. Office conference rooms and police holding rooms are shielded. If a doctor can not receive his emergency phone call it is just tough cookies.

Cell Phone Jammer

God, you people are a bunch of cell phone junkies. Wonder if the radio waves cause a physical addiction, like drugs, after all the brain operates on electrical impulses... Could the cell phone companies be pulling something like the soft drink companies... getting you hooked on their product?

Anyway, its gone around and around about the ethics of jamming. Come on, its a project. It doesn't mean that its actually going to be build, be effective, or even put to use. Cell technology changes almost monthly, how long would it even last anyway.

Finally, so most everyone is against this project... How about a device that rings all the cell phones as the carrier walks through the door. It's short range, doesn't interfere with communications, and merely alerts people that they need to set it to vibrate, if they forgot. Anybody, who refuses ought to be forcebly removed and the offending cell phone smashed to tiny bits....

Re: Cell Phone Jammer

HarveyH42 said:
It's short range,

No it wouldn't be, RF can't be judged to that degree of accuracy.

doesn't interfere with communications,

Yes it would - see above.

and merely alerts people that they need to set it to vibrate, if they forgot.

Interesting idea though, but how do you expect it to ring everyones numbers?.

sorry all u dudes but one guy just said "in uncivilased country they will just shoot u instead"
totally wrong ...moron because
1.class A jamming is permitted in japan.....not uncivilsed country
2.same is allowed in india ......may be uncivilised but they dont shoot u around
3. in congress (america ) .......did u know that?
4. both houses of law in britain......u mean britain is uncivilised ?!??!!! no way man

sidhusavi said:
3. in congress (america ) .......did u know that?
4. both houses of law in britain......u mean britain is uncivilised ?!??!!! no way man

Not a very good comparison! - two specific places where it's allowed, and BOTH belonging to the people who make the laws!. Perhaps that's got something to do with it?.

sidhusavi said:
sorry all u dudes but one guy just said "in uncivilased country they will just shoot u instead"

Most civilized countries DO have laws permitting the lynching of people who resurrect dead threads for no good reason. Otherwise you just have anarchy... human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back