Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cell phone jammer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam_mafia

hello everyone,
i am a final year btech student(electronics) and i am doing my final year project and that nothing but ""CELL PHONE JAMMER".i wud like to ask everyone where cud i get the necessary information regarding my project.thanx in advance!

jam_mafia said:
hello everyone,
i am a final year btech student(electronics) and i am doing my final year project and that nothing but ""CELL PHONE JAMMER".i wud like to ask everyone where cud i get the necessary information regarding my project.thanx in advance!

I suggest you try searching the forums, it's been discussed lots of times, but essentially it's highly illegal in any civilised country - in less civilised countries they'd probably just shoot you!.

If I were his project supervisor/tutor/professor, I would fail him immediately for even thinking of such a project.

JimB

jam_mafia said:
hello everyone,

the cops :lol: j/k

honestly, you should know better than to jam communications like that!
I wouldn't doubt it if more people would give you a failing grade just for the thought. and if the teacher suggested that project, then (s)he is nuts.

jam_mafia said:
i agree with ur thoughts so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but wats harm in making one?????

How about this example:

A poor gentleman collapses having a heart attack, his wife tries to ring for an ambulance - but some prat is jamming cell phone use - result, her husband dies!.

Feel free to imagine any other emergency service you wish!.

i repeat wat i said """wats wrong in making it???""" and i didnt say wats wrong in using it,my purpose of making it is to ban the use of cell phones in my college and i think i am totally justified in making it.wat do u think??????????????????????

jam_mafia said:
i repeat wat i said """wats wrong in making it???""" and i didnt say wats wrong in using it,my purpose of making it is to ban the use of cell phones in my college and i think i am totally justified in making it.wat do u think??????????????????????

I think it would be a highly illegal act, not to mention potentially dangerous. You also have NO justification in making one, and why is it your business to try and ban cell phones at college?.

i wanna make my college look the same way when cell phones werent there!!!!!!there r many cases of a phone ringing and the whole class gets disturbed and the most common thing here is the mms scandals!!!!!!!
i wanna make college where we can study and nothing else!!!!!!!!!!

Banning cell phones in college is a completely unreasonable goal. What if a doctor on call gets a request to show up in an emergency room and you've jammed it? LOTS of emergency workers are on call at any given time and absolutely rely on cell phones. And as mentioned 911 service should never be blocked either. On a practical level people depend on cell phones for important though nonemergency communication every day so trying to deny them that because you don't like it is incredibly asinine. You wanna say you can never go near the campus because your wife is ~9 mo pregnant and due at any time in the next few weeks?

Movie theatres have played with the idea of shielding (not jamming) the rooms so they cannot receive cell phone signals, it has been nixed for the emergency call reasons.

Jamming does not end at your property line. People trying to make a call from an area with generally poor reception a mile away may be jammed. Deliberate jamming is absolutely illegal and the FCC does NOT allow it.

There are a few applications for jamming cell phones as part of a military action, also Israel has tried the strategy (I think over relatively short range) as part of bomb diffusing after realizing some unattended bombs were detonated by cell phone call as an observer determined the worst possible time. Since cell phones use many channels, blocking it is not a simple task though.

I'm sorry we've gotten this request before, over and over actually, and if you think about it you'll realize how dumb an idea it is. Well, that's what you go to college for.

Plus I probably shouldn't say it but going crazy with the "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????" just makes it look like you're in junior high.

I'm sure someone has proposed a standard where cell phones would recognize a "no call" zone and stop working unless the call carried an "emergency" designation. It's likely the "emergency" designation would be readily abused. The main tool is just putting it on "vibrate" instead of "ring".

jam_mafia said:
i wanna make my college look the same way when cell phones werent there!!!!!!there r many cases of a phone ringing and the whole class gets disturbed and the most common thing here is the mms scandals!!!!!!!
i wanna make college where we can study and nothing else!!!!!!!!!!

So, as a response to YOU being disturbed, you want to disturb EVERYONE else, for a considerable distance around - including blocking access to emergency services.

Still, you'll have plenty of time to study in quiet when you get jailed :lol:

You should be aware that it VERY easy to trace the source of the jamming!.

my college has landline telephone connection i donno how many but they r large in number in each department(we have 5 departments),my college authorities have tried to ban cellphone but they were not successful,i got an idea y not try to jam the signlas instead of scanning each and everyday wasting lots of time!!!and one more thing i am not trying to disturb others coz the range for which i make this is limited to our campus that it!!

jam_mafia said:
my college has landline telephone connection i donno how many but they r large in number in each department(we have 5 departments),my college authorities have tried to ban cellphone but they were not successful,i got an idea y not try to jam the signlas instead of scanning each and everyday wasting lots of time!!!and one more thing i am not trying to disturb others coz the range for which i make this is limited to our campus that it!!

You can't limit radio signals at all accurately, if you jam the campus you will also jam for a considerable area around.

I suggest you try talking to the college authorities, I doubt they would be amused at you leaving them open to considerable financial penalties!.

Let's put it this way.

If you have problems with people talking on cell phones in the school (or any phone), why not talk to one of the top guys of the college (preferably the owner).

Like the above guys said, if you jam signals, people in a nearby radius couldn't use the signals for emergency purposes!

Lets make the assumption that every single person in the college (except for you) is so sick, that they will die in 60 seconds without help. Would you:

a.) Jam the signals and watch the people die because they can't call emergency?

OR
b.) not jam the signals so that the people who need help can use the line.

I do hope and pray to god you pick B, because if you don't then you are an IDIOT

thanx for ur thouhts nigel.by the way wats that indicate which is being displayed under ur name???is that chinese???

jam_mafia said:
thanx for ur thouhts nigel.by the way wats that indicate which is being displayed under ur name???is that chinese???

It's Kanji (Chinese and Japanese picture writing), it's 'Jitsu' from Ju Jitsu, it means art, way, or technique - it seemed appropriate, and I hold a 3rd degree Black Belt in Ju Jitsu.

I have to wonder if there isn't a better way to go about managing the cell phone problem. When they are on I think they check in with a cell periodically. No reason you couldn't have a system that can be triggered if nearby cell phones are on. With a proper system it would seem that the owner could be identified.

This might be tough to manage but it's probably legal to have a policy that requires the phones to be off unless permitted otherwise.

stevez said:
I have to wonder if there isn't a better way to go about managing the cell phone problem. When they are on I think they check in with a cell periodically. No reason you couldn't have a system that can be triggered if nearby cell phones are on. With a proper system it would seem that the owner could be identified.

This might be tough to manage but it's probably legal to have a policy that requires the phones to be off unless permitted otherwise.

Nobody has a problem with a phone being "on". They have a problem with it ringing in class or somebody whipping it out to chat during a lecture. Logically there is no reason to mess with someone for having a phone on, but every reason for someone letting it ring in class. In such cases you need no high tech solution because identifying the offender is not an issue!

Cell Phone Jammer

Obviously you all are on the attack, most probably have cell phones permenantly attached to your heads... I've thought of a jammer for small areas, say just one room. Post signs stating that phones won't work here, provide a land line for emergencies. What would be the big deal for a little peace? Cell phones don't work that good where I work anyway, not at all in some areas of the warehouse, so can't image a lot of people in a life or death situation over the cell phone, unless they are trying to operate power equipment (forklifts), and run somebody over...
There are some who actually use their phones for important business, but the vast majority seem to be ****-chat.

Why am I interested in a jammer for my home? Well, it pisses me off when friends and family stop by for a visit, phone rings... And leaves sitting around lisitening to half of meaningless (to me) conversation. Not to mention the interuption in our conversation, or work I need help with.

Most cell services route unanswered calls to voice mail... It's not absolutely imperiative that the phone be availiable every minute of the day...

Now, why do you people attack every question? Isn't this forum a place to find technical help? Why not just pass on the information (if you actually have some knowledge), and let the man go from there? He will figure out if its a good or bad idea eventually, whether or not is feasibly or illegal. Despite what goes on in the forum, people are going to do what they want anyway....

Re: Cell Phone Jammer

HarveyH42 said:
Now, why do you people attack every question? Isn't this forum a place to find technical help? Why not just pass on the information (if you actually have some knowledge), and let the man go from there? He will figure out if its a good or bad idea eventually, whether or not is feasibly or illegal. Despite what goes on in the forum, people are going to do what they want anyway....

People are free to do as they wish, but that doesn't mean we should be offering advice and help for them to commit illegal acts.

How would you react if we replied to terrorists wanting to make timers for bombs? - the principle is EXACTLY the same!. If it's illegal, it has no place in these forums!.

In any case, timer mechanisms for bombs are FAR simpler - phone jamming is MUCH more complicated, bound to cause disruption over a far greater area then intended, and even more illegal than a timer!.

If you wish to make your home 'mobile free', we've previously passed such information on, it's called a faraday cage!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back