Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Load cell rewiring

mapfire

Hi all!

This is my first post here and I am looking for some assistances on how to wire the load cell for my scales. I'm guessing this is very basic stuff but it has me pretty stumped!

My load cell has 4 wires red, black, green and white. The display unit has 6 wires (red, black, green, white, blue and yellow)

The load cell and display were previously connected with what I believe were rs232 connectors. A number connections in the rs232 were broken when one of the connectors got crushed and destroyed.

I'm now tying to work out which wire should be connected to which!

Can anyone assist me with how to proceed with this. I've looked online for wiring diagrams etc and found nothing. I took a picture of the connection in side the display unit showing the 6 wires connected to the board but I'm pretty much with stuck with where to go next.

Many thanks,

Andy

Attachments

• elec.jpg
    elec.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 103
  • elec2.jpg
    elec2.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 99
To add to this.

I tried the following wiring scenario already but alas to no avail.

XZWHneP2F29gTbX4Fry8rg56ZMGguGhPkAayxHZbV3wdXKSHp4z697lrEfFMAWp0qdbKsKzzIGSAs4eelQ208bKa4cYNyffjFzoqvQNGRjudMyRyH2BhQDN9PfC3uKn2dz_yoblR5Q9fWjUxd5F7_XU

CyxVilnKabI51FEXk2-uDsoSgBNG_6e_FmnpyAKLOCXDUC-K3-1Y9784V9fUzAYWygbfeS_ErHZoQBClyENBGvamApv0kChhQ2mZ63OuQwyCygWqyjCJMMysqxM71l2OaMRJOvmUkdoRkirFwL5wVIc

I connected load cell red to display red and yellow
load cell green to display green
load cell white to display white
load cell black to display black and blue

Last edited:
Take a look at this manual. The label on the board leads to this, and it sounds like it matches your application.

I didn't notice that myself but I suppose sometimes its hard to see the wood for the trees!

Most often, the markings on a pcb are just internal code numbers and lead nowhere, but sometimes you get lucky.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back