Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can WE "The Electro-tech-online" make a compation

YOu are agree to make a competition on this forum

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ElectroMaster said:
Just got notified about this post. I think its a great idea.

There would be no need to have an entry fee, I would put up the money or some prizes like muilti meters, soldering irons etc..
Can we have any update...if there will be a competition?? if there will be some thing to know it ....rules???...members??? ..... judges ????...time line???etc
for any competition...how can we help in any thing of these...
please dont let this idea pass away

i think there should be a class for beginners well not too easy but just somthing to keep me and a lot of others who dont use microcontrollers a chance
also i would have a creativity contest or like a LED contest you know like the stuff instrustables.com has

If you want me to I can come up with some contests and some general rules.

3v0 said:
How about this.

Mondo Technology has a nice little project called the Mondo SuperProbe. The design is dated in that it uses an obsolete 7 segment display. Lets have people build a SuperProbe, when they are finished they will have a useful tool. This is a starting point that may need some refinement.

Three Classes, all units must function.

Class 1, Construction only.
Build the probe as described on the Mondo site. Original schematic and code. Judging will be on construction and packaging/case only.

Class 2, Updated display.
Redesign the probe to use a LCD. Processor change is allowed. Code written in any language.

Class 3. Update measurement ability.
Redesign the probe to improve the accuracy and range. Add new useful functions. Processor change is allowed. Code written in any language. An LCD display will be good for extra ponts.

Judging. We will pick three experts to judge each category. Three people who know there stuff will do a better job of judging then the unwashed hoard.

A single probe can be entered and judged in only 1 class. This allows us to crown winners at three levels of expertise. Probe construction will be judged from photos posted to the contest thread (to started when contest is aproved).
Code needs only to function correctly and as advertized. Circuit design will be judged based on schematics posted to the contest thread. Judges may request additional info from contestants. All design work goes into the public domain. Questions regarding clarification may be posted to the thread prior to judging.

At this point the only prize is bragging rights.

The contest does not start without the approval of ElectroMaster and/or Nigel.

There still is the question of how long to run the contest. I am thinking no less then 45 days and no more then 4 months. Not all classes have to be judged at the same time.

Who died and put me in charge? I stepped up to the plate. If the powers that be do not give the go ahead it stops here.

Sounds good to me :D

Until now we are waiting the ElectroMaster to say a word if there is a comp or not "i think yes" but we need more info.
without him ......nothing will happened

davidbball13 said:
yeah just make it so every one has a chance at atleast one competition

Well my suggestion, which was well received, makes it open to everyone, regardless of how wealthy they are, and what country they might be in!.

Hi guys.

Sorry, its a really busy time for me at the moment. I have started a thread in the moderators forum and like what Nigel has suggested. I have
refrained from posting them in here due to the obvious advantage anyone reading this post would have. Any, I would like to put out a request for help with this. Someone to maybe manage it and be a moderator for the new forum that would be created for comps.

I would accept a few people as i think it will be best, however English must be you main language or you must be at least proficient in it. Message me if you are interested.

~ElectroMaster

I have started working on the website that will be where everything is handled.

I need your help in coming up with domain names, and it must:
Contain no spaces
COntain only numerical or letter symbols

Freewebs.com's domain names flow like this:

freewebs.com/"yourdomainnamehere"

I prefer it to be short and easy to remember, that is why I came up with a few:

ETOCompetitons
ElectroTechOnlineCompetitions

I cannot think of many good names, but I am waiting for the name that we pick so that we can get started :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do we need a new website. I would think a thread or at most a forum here would be more then enough?

EDIT: Not having one would automaticaly limit the contests to forum members.
If it generated increased traffic that would benifit this web site and perhaps its owners.
It would be one less web site to go out of date.

Last edited:
3v0 said:
Why do we need a new website. I would think a thread or at most a forum here would be more then enough?

If it generated increased traffic that would benifit this web site and perhaps its owners.

I will second this proposal..:)

3v0 said:

i agree with you

to have a contest in other website it mean to lose some members and maybe to lose other things........

what is exactly the problem to have the contest here ???

Rami00972 said:
to have a contest in other website it mean to lose some members and maybe to lose other things........

Lose members to Electronics Lab, naaa. They get 10 posts a day. I wonder who won the contest, what were there like 5 entries?

Ok so scratch the website thing, we can just do it here so we can bring in more ppl to the forum rather than out of site website things :)

Last edited:
A hen requires 18 days to breed chicken.

How long are we going to breed?

The time spent discussing a subject is inversely proportional to its importance. Rule #1 of corporate BOD.

John

Rami00972 said:

You have a website, why not run your own contest from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back