Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can WE "The Electro-tech-online" make a compation

YOu are agree to make a competition on this forum

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most creative use of a Lightbulb, Switch & Battery.

Or the MacGyver award for best use of a rubberband and paperclip.

On a serious note you'll have to start with a category. Perhaps one contest per forum, Robots, Microcontollers, ChitChat (anything goes), etc...

Yes I like bills idea, there is a competition in areas, aka MCU project, a ROBOT project, and something else.

I'm thinking mini bots. Use spare junk from a thrift or garbage only recoverable parts (No Purchased Parts). I'll vote I'm not interested in the comp. Old cd motors ect.

1. Most functional.
2. Looks.
3. Specific weight ? reduce shipping cost ?
4. I'm thinking you should have at least some solar and see if it can reach a recharge destination or something. Maybe it starts with a battery then before it dies it finds the outside or something ?

................... There I go talking to much.

Last edited:
Euro? Sure let me pull that out of my ***

Anyways, why does it have to be a junker robot?

Not everyone has the same pile of junk parts to start with. The rules have to be more specific. The following are suggestions and I am sure some of them are flawed.

Most original use for a common device like a floppy, CD, or hard drive.

Best robot (or other specific reuse) using floppy, CD, or hard drive. (or not using a uC).

Most original project using a specific 8 pin PIC (maybe pick the most feature poor 8 pin PIC)

Most creative use for a Junebug, Junebug as prize :)

On an advanced level it would be interesting to see what people can create using parts salvaged from a single PC MB. Maybe limit it to MB 500MHz and less. This is a bit iffy.

You still have the problem with best and creative being subjective but we all know that going in, and that is what judges are for.

Where creative or original is called for a design already posted to the Internet would not win.

We could also have contests to see who can do the best job of building the same thing. The best PCB from a given schematic or the best tach to measure engine RPM.

I would not mind judging but only if I had access to the entries. It is too easy to fake things.

thats for competition, besides your post doesnt even make sense!
:p

Krumlink said:
thats for competition, besides your post doesnt even make sense!
:p
It did to me. Would you like me to explain it....

Have you finished what I asked you to do or are you going to leave it till the last minute and then not have time to do a good job or perhaps not do it at all. :D

Ja i finished it saturday and it runs perfect! the tamyia gearbox doesnt even squeak, and it is level so :p!

This sounds whack. However, I've been thinking the boy scouts here in america have a kit car. The car is supposed to be just a weighted wood car the challenge is to see who goes the fastest. My version would be an electronic wood combo of your choosing ?

Oh i have one "a junk robot " its made from muny things
CD rom as Gripper
scanner as lifting
and a rotat motor from Printer as the rotor
and the base is an old mobile car

oh take a look
on the picture
also you can see the my old web
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 138
Rami00972 said:
Oh i have one "a junk robot " its made from muny things
CD rom as Gripper
scanner as lifting
and a rotat motor from Printer as the rotor
and the base is an old mobile car

oh take a look
on the picture
also you can see the my old web
**broken link removed**

(On second thought)

My version would be an electronic wood combo of your choosing ?

Maybe just stay with the (wood kit car) include some steering ect.

killivolt said:
(On second thought)

Maybe just stay with the (wood kit car) include some steering ect.
Its the Mechanics MAN
but you can see a challenge after 3 years on the new one
see thr attach pic
and also you can see more on this
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 136
Rami00972 said:
Its the Mechanics MAN
but you can see a challenge after 3 years on the new one
see thr attach pic
and also you can see more on this
**broken link removed**

There is nothing wrong with it. I was just thinking of sticking to cheap and also the basics ? In addition to Cost due to buying a kit these I thought were to be shipped ? If something is made of (balsa wood) it is very light then if your running a pic program it would be autonomous.

Find out if anyone is still interested from the looks of this thread it seems to be dead.

Last edited:
3v0 said:
Not everyone has the same pile of junk parts to start with.
You could have a contest to see who can write the fastest PIC code to perform a certain function. MPLAB SIMs stopwatch would be an impartial judge of that and the competition could be used to generate a useful library of routines. By making some of it about coding, no one would be shut out due to lack of funds or parts availability. You'd have to choose a target PIC first.

kchriste said:
You could have a contest to see who can write the fastest PIC code to perform a certain function. MPLAB SIMs stopwatch would be an impartial judge of that and the competition could be used to generate a useful library of routines. By making some of it about coding, no one would be shut out due to lack of funds or parts availability. You'd have to choose a target PIC first.

Now that's a good idea, it's open to anyone with a computer that can run MPLAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back