Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can WE "The Electro-tech-online" make a compation

YOu are agree to make a competition on this forum

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends,

are you ready to return to earth, reality and the topic?

We hopefully don't want to make a contest with the most countable parts of junk in a robot. There are already contests about junko-bots.

I wouldn't restrict a contest to just one specific theme. Of course robo-fans have only the next robot on mind. Others have more serious things on mind. Everybody should have the chance to participate with a project he favorizes.

It's bad to assume somebody copies an existing project off the internet to "sell" it as his design. Nobody will be dumb enough to put down his own reputation.

I assume that all members in this forum are honest and honourable! :rolleyes:

Hans

P.S. And please read what I've suggested earlier: The forum will decide whether a project will be accepted or not. So duplicate projects of an already existing and public one will be discovered very easily.

Last edited:
Boncuk said:
Hi friends,

are you ready to return to earth, reality and the topic?
I think we should speak if there is a contest or not after that we will speak about the prizes , rules and the members.
first let us see the owner how he could make it legel on his sit
if he can make a main topic for this contest in the first page "or wherever its good to notice " and how we could contribute in it "as members and as judges "

Why can't we Judge within the forum. Not everyone is going to do the project ?

Have the moderators equip a list of A,B,C,D. Qualifiers to judge from if you think that person met the challenge in all those area's so be it cast a Vote.

Hi All,

I'm very much afraid the discussion will never end and we will never have a contest - a contest which is already in progress at electronics-lab.

Most of all I wonder that there was no post from Nigel Goodwin concerning this contest. :confused: I think it is him to take an iniative towards the right direction.

May be all of us should rest in the glory we have earned so far. :rolleyes:

A..n.

Hans

How about this.

Mondo Technology has a nice little project called the Mondo SuperProbe. The design is dated in that it uses an obsolete 7 segment display. Lets have people build a SuperProbe, when they are finished they will have a useful tool. This is a starting point that may need some refinement.

Three Classes, all units must function.

Class 1, Construction only.
Build the probe as described on the Mondo site. Original schematic and code. Judging will be on construction and packaging/case only.

Class 2, Updated display.
Redesign the probe to use a LCD. Processor change is allowed. Code written in any language.

Class 3. Update measurement ability.
Redesign the probe to improve the accuracy and range. Add new useful functions. Processor change is allowed. Code written in any language. An LCD display will be good for extra ponts.

Judging. We will pick three experts to judge each category. Three people who know there stuff will do a better job of judging then the unwashed hoard.

A single probe can be entered and judged in only 1 class. This allows us to crown winners at three levels of expertise. Probe construction will be judged from photos posted to the contest thread (to started when contest is aproved).
Code needs only to function correctly and as advertized. Circuit design will be judged based on schematics posted to the contest thread. Judges may request additional info from contestants. All design work goes into the public domain. Questions regarding clarification may be posted to the thread prior to judging.

At this point the only prize is bragging rights.

The contest does not start without the approval of ElectroMaster and/or Nigel.

There still is the question of how long to run the contest. I am thinking no less then 45 days and no more then 4 months. Not all classes have to be judged at the same time.

Who died and put me in charge? I stepped up to the plate. If the powers that be do not give the go ahead it stops here.

Last edited:
Boncuk said:
Most of all I wonder that there was no post from Nigel Goodwin concerning this contest. :confused: I think it is him to take an iniative towards the right direction.

Nothing to do with me :D

However, there are some ongoing discussions about it in the private moderators forum.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Nothing to do with me :D

However, there are some ongoing discussions about it in the private moderators forum.
ongoing............is it new or old discussion
if its new.....very will ...... but if its old ...... is there any problem we can discuss it .....we wonna help you if we can.......
finally if its new or old all of us have the same target to make some thing special in this forum like this one 'the contest "

Last edited:
Hello!

Well, i read to page two.. then skipped to the last page! here is what i want to say:

- Why there should be money, budget, prises anyway? Most of the members of this forum do electronics and robotics just for the fun! So asking them to make one more project, and see which one will be better is enough!

- I think it is very interesting, and It could be as simple as building a 4 digit calculator, and the fastest one to calculate 9999 * 9999 wins!

- Rami, don't make it complicated, make it simple. I think that proposing this contest then defining a dead line, then announcing the results, showing the tips and tricks so that other can benefit from it is quite enough

- Maybe, after one or two contest, it will get more popular, and maybe a sponsor will offer prises.. but not on the first time!

hope this helps. and by the way.. i am in!

I read the whole pages upto last post.What I understood is only 40% of electro-tech members use micro controllers.

There are many experts here which not use micro controllers but they can do many things with their logic knowledge.What will happen to theirs projects?

Gayan Soyza said:
I read the whole pages upto last post.What I understood is only 40% of electro-tech members use micro controllers.

There are many experts here which not use micro controllers but they can do many things with their logic knowledge.What will happen to theirs projects?
as i see its an electronic forum not microcontroller forum....you can work for some projects without microcontroller....put if you are sneaking about th robots....i i think they should learn some thing new

Gayan Soyza said:

No single contest is going to be interesting to everyone. If anyone has one speak up. I choose the SuperProbe and set up the three classes to allow a goodly number of people to enter. Three skill levels.

Non microcontroller people could enter class I if they could program or get their hands on a programed PIC. A few of the uC types might help out with getting people programed uC's.

We have to start somewhere. The thing I like about he superprobe is when the contestant is finished he will have useful tool.

ikalogic said:
- I think it is very interesting, and It could be as simple as building a 4 digit calculator, and the fastest one to calculate 9999 * 9999 wins!
If we wanted to ship projects from around the world to the judges then this sort of projects would be easy to judge but do we want to get into that? If we can figure out that we can ship and the contestants are willing to pay shipping both ways (or give up a copy of their project) it would open up new doors in terms of what contests we could do. I do not want to add the complexity of shipping the first contest.

mneary said:
Category 3 allows processor change, can we assume that 'none' is an option?
I am thinking that classes 1,2, and 3 should be have their roots in the original design. It look like we need to create a 4th open/unlimited class where anything goes. Judging it may be more difficult.

For people using a PCB it would be nice if they would share the design to help others build their project.

I like the Superprobe. I went to the site pretty cool. Maybe it could be the prize in the second contest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back