Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can WE "The Electro-tech-online" make a compation

YOu are agree to make a competition on this forum

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
blueroomelectronics said:
You have a website, why not run your own contest from there?
i dont wonna make it my own....its ours.... every one here can enter the comp.
but if the problem to have another web. .... we should calculate the advantages and dis to have the contest in another web....

Krumlink said:
I have started working on the website that will be where everything is handled.

I need your help in coming up with domain names, and it must:
Contain no spaces
COntain only numerical or letter symbols

Freewebs.com's domain names flow like this:

freewebs.com/"yourdomainnamehere"

Sorry Krumlink, but the last thing needed is a crappy 'freewebs' website, it's really a sign of poor quality and no effort.

Proper websites don't cost much at all, and look far more professional.

These details needed for me & to others I'm waiting for replies.

Can I know when we going to start this competition?

When is the final date?

can we put our own projects?

Do we have 2nd, 3rd...prizes?

Where we going to post our projects, video's etc?

There is a new competitions column has put by EM.But cannot start a thread.

Without knowing these terms how can we participate?

Last edited:
if we are looking for a good website....may be ika can help us he have one and he have also a forum i will told him
but still didnot now why we should have another website

Rami00972 said:
if we are looking for a good website....may be ika can help us he have one and he have also a forum i will told him
but still didnot now why we should have another website

I wasn't aware anyone had ever suggested we should?.

Krumlink said:
Ok so scratch the website thing, we can just do it here...

That was about 10 posts back. An independant website looks like a dead issue, it makes sense to hold the contest here.

Mostly we need to cool our jets till the powers that be get this sorted out. From what I understand it is being worked out.

Hello all,

We have some progress on the comp situation. The forums have been setup and we now have two new helpers at Electro Tech, 3v0 and Krumlink. Welcome aboard guys. They will be assisting with the running of competions and judging. And over the next few days we will be fine tune the first competition and will get it up and running shortly.

Yes and I am currently setting up the first competiton and selecting a panel of judges that I see fit. As a judge, you cannot enter a competiton. Complete details below:

As a judge you may not vote upon favoring that person, but only as each catagory is deemed fit. for example if 4 out of 5 judges give size a rating of 1 but judge 5 gives a rating of 10, each judge must then give a reason or when they do send the ratings to me they have to explain why they chose that value.

As a judge you also may not enter any competitons, or if you do want to enter a copmetiton, you must premessage me before I start the competition and you must drop out as a judge. Message me for questions.

As a judge you must also select a type of prize you want to send to the winner, and prizes must be a prize that the members want to fight over, aka nobody is going to want some alkaline batteries, but they will want to fight over some NIMH batteris and charger perhaps?

I cannot wait to get started!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am still working on the judges part. I believe the system I have set up and PMed to certain members will be the most fair system.

can the members have a percentages ti judges like 20% is taking from the voting of the members ???
may be like "American idol" bur not in the same % ........
;)

So when will be hosted this competition? on electro-tech?

How many judges will judge the projects? How can someone apply to be a judge? (i am talking about that since i am a qualified mechatronics engineer, during my master studies, so i don't have time to build a project, but still want to participate!)

There will be 5 judges, they also must be very active members.

Rami: The Judges will make more sense, since it will not be a great system to have votes.

PM me for Nominations :)

10 Judges will be selected, but any 5 will be selected per competiton.

Is it possible for someone to critic the projects maybe 3 judges. Then they display maybe why they thought that way about it(Not to extremely lengthily)

Then we read and try to understand it and then that person would get a popular vote from all of us as well.

Edit: The popular vote will have no effect on the results. Judges stand supreme.

Last edited:
hmmm i'm wondering what's the best choice for me?

a participant? a judge or an observer? :rolleyes: do i have time to think if i want to be a judge? :D

Comment deleted due to changes for better :D

Last edited:
Contest hint: Includes Electronics :p

Anyways, we are currently working on the technical stuff and will soon be revealing the competiton in the Competiton forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back