Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BJT or FET buffer for CD output

Status
Not open for further replies.

I want to build a buffer (operate at +9Vdc) for CD output, any good suggestion? Thanks!

Please provide more infromation.

Why does your CD player need an output buffer? An output buffer won't drive a speaker unless it is an audio power amplifier, a completely different animal.

Thanks all! I plan to add a buffer after my passive preamp. CD -> Paasive Preamp ->buffer -> power amp -> speaker.

A "passive preamp" is a euphemism for a high-quality attenuator. See http://www.dact.com/html/passive_preamp.html.
You don't need a buffer unless you have a long cable between your "passive preamp" (snort!) and your power amp. A simple transistor buffer (BJT or FET) will undoubtedly make your audio quality worse than it was originally (without the "passive preamp" (snort!)). If you need a buffer, it will need to incorporate an op amp.

Last edited:
Makes you laught doesn't it! - the imaginary improvement of a 'passive preamp' (just a volume control), them adding an active buffer to it - so it's no longer passive! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back