Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help selecting a 1A BJT for 200KHz switching?

Lightium

I need help selecting a BJT that's rated for around 1 amp collector current and can handle 200KHz switching. VCE should be greater then 20V.

I ask because as I increase the frequency on my oscillator section the driver sections output current reduces.

Last edited:
I'm talking about your targets. " 24KV (on target) and 12mA (20mA is target) ".
In order to get at least 20ma at 24kv, your load has to be 1.2Meg or less.
Air gaps have essentially infinite resistance until they break down. Then they're on the order of milliohms.

Last edited:
I'm talking about your targets. " 24KV (on target) and 12mA (20mA is target) ".
In order to get at least 20ma at 24kv, your load has to be 1.2Meg or less.
Air gaps have essentially infinite resistance until they break down. Then they're on the order of milliohms.
No, we're missing something, because I have a circuit like this that run's at 154Hz and outputs 34KV at 17mA with a nice waveform on L1 that starts from zero amps and reaches 3.6A.

Last edited:
I started over from scratch and got as far as 6KHz with the output giving 24KV 12mA pulses.

Attachments

• phoenix-hf-6KHz.asc
    4.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot at 2024-03-08 20-38-29.png
    Screenshot at 2024-03-08 20-38-29.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 39
Don't be offended. I just don't know what your level of knowledge is.
Do you know Ohm's Law?: V=I*R ?
Iout= V(HV)/(R14+R15+R(L2)+R9).
11.928mA=24kV/2.012 Megohms

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back