Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Been gone awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you use electric matches, but trust me when I see those big displays the image of a bloke running about with a lit fag lighting fuses makes me laugh!

What is the fail rate for electric matches?

I know you use electric matches, but trust me when I see those big displays the image of a bloke running about with a lit fag lighting fuses makes me laugh!

What is the fail rate for electric matches?
I was one of those "blokes" running around many years ago.
The failure rate of new fresh matches is better than 1 in 100o.
We have had some old ones that got as bad as 1 in 100.
The flux used to solder the bridge wire can over time eat the bridge wire if it is not properly cleaned before the pyrogen is applied.

OK I think I figured out what I want to do when I grow up. How did you get into this business?
Like most other pyros it started in my backyard which just happens to be a beach.
Where are parents worked we basically had an unlimited supply of fireworks for the fourth of July.
None of this was on the up and up.
Every year our shows got bigger and bigger until one year we got busted.
My buddies and I got together after that and decided to go legal.
We took a safety course from one of the major companies at the time and helped out on a few big shows.
Now we are all pyrotechnicians!

Would you mind saying where?
On the left side some of the ground devises are going the wrong way.
The crew set up one of our single shoot fixtures backwards. LOL
It looks funny to me but most people would not even notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back