Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone Know a Good Place to Purchase TTL Components Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iawia

I can't create an minimum order of 1000 chips.
My enthusiasm for electronics is starting to move out of the range of my local electronics parts store. When I try to purchase ttl items online, they want some crazy astronomically large order. I just want one chip!

Does anyone have a recommendation to on a good place to purchase ttl parts? and that doesn't have a min order?

cheers!

Check out these places then:

All Electronics - http://www.allelectronics.com/
Alltronics - http://www.alltronics.com/
Electronic Goldmine - **broken link removed**

I've ordered from all three and have been pleased with the results; of the three, my history with All Electronics is the longest, ordering off-and-on for almost 2 decades now. They're not very far from you, either (Van Nuys - about 140 miles away, roughly); might be a good Saturday road trip.

Also - and I don't know of anything of these places (though now I'm curious - I might have to make a special trip next time I visit my brother-in-law in Escondido) - but you might check into them?

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=electronic+surplus&find_loc=San+Diego,+CA

Good luck - hope that helps!

:)

Try this place in El Cajon **broken link removed**
They are a bit untidy but all kinds of parts to be found. They also have IC's stocked behind the counter. Also try Murphy's a little further down the same street. **broken link removed**

Other online stores with no minimums and cheap shipping:

Dipmicro
Tayda Electronics
Digikey with the USPS option (up to 8oz. I believe).

Don't forget Mouser. Or Jameco. Or Allied. Or any of a dozen other vendors.

Kind of perplexed why the O.P. thinks they have to buy thousands of chips. Of course, some suppliers do have minimum quantities for certain items, but it's easy to see this, especially if you use Digi-Key's parametric search function. Maybe the O.P. just got caught on some of those bogus web "search" pages one lands on from a Google search. Just pick a reputable electronics supplier and browse their online catalog.

Last edited:
Since the OP is in San Diego, the links I gave above are only a twenty minute drive. Come to think of it, Mouser is in Santee Ca, and they have a walk in office for getting parts.
MOUSER ELECTRONICS

11433 WOODSIDE AVE
SANTEE, CA 92071-4725 | view map
(619) 449-2300

Last edited:
Element14 is Newark electronics in the US and Farnell Electronics in Europe. I'm in the US and recently placed a Farnell order, an Allied order, an onlinecomponents order and a digi-key order.

GDex, I'd expect not. https://www.gdexpress.com/ It's a delivery service.

Last edited:
I don't think that's an option for someone in the U.S. I've never heard of either Element14 or GDex.
Yeah there in the US too, (Element14) There kind of new.

Last edited:
I ordered something things through 'electronics goldmine'. they are ok. i had to order a min 10 dollars and they add another 5 for shipping. so i ended up getting a bunch of things i don't need. better than driving all over the place though.

I ordered something things through 'electronics goldmine'. they are ok. i had to order a min 10 dollars and they add another 5 for shipping.

You're not going to do much better than that; Digi-Key has the same minimum, and about the same shipping (depending on where you are, of course).

Look at it from the merchant's point of view: they don't want to be bothered by a ton of <$10 orders, which they probably lose money on.

Check out Jameco, no minimum order. Also no processing fee on internet orders.
They are in Belmont, Ca. so shipping costs should be low.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back