Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone Know Where To Purchase 3/4 inch capacitor clamps?

EJ Jurich

The only place I have found that has them is justradios.com. And that is fine, I just like having a second source for backup. You can see the clamps in the attached picture next to the rectifier socket.

Attachments

• parts-mounted-2.jpg
    parts-mounted-2.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for taking the time to look. I wonder if justradios makes those clamps. If so, then they would be the only game in town. The nice thing about those 3/4 inch clamps is that the capacitors sit vertical. Space will be a bit tight around the rectifier socket and having the capacitors sit vertical makes good use of the space.
Allied Electronics was once one of the suppliers I bought from. Since they became RS, they hardly stock any components related to vacuum tube circuits. Now I mostly buy from Mouser and CE Distribution. When I was a teenager in the late 1950s, Allied Radio in Chicago was where I went for parts.

Production methods often use PU adhesive instead. Consumer grade is known as sub-floor adhesive.

Production methods often use PU adhesive instead. Consumer grade is known as sub-floor adhesive.

Not for chassis mounted capacitors that I've ever seen, you need proper brackets to mount them - adhesive would just break off. Fair enough for PCB mounted capacitors, which use adhesive to help hold them in place (and prevent dry joints), but not for chassis mount ones.

If it is that much important to have those, make them. First in paper or plastic ; flatten them then cut out of a coffee can sheet metal.

Not for chassis mounted capacitors that I've ever seen, you need proper brackets to mount them - adhesive would just break off. Fair enough for PCB mounted capacitors, which use adhesive to help hold them in place (and prevent dry joints), but not for chassis mount ones.
That statement about breaking off might apply to superglue and epoxy but not PU.

I used it to repair worn Italian drawer slides for carrying canned goods and was stronger than with screws for powder coated metal on wood and metal to metal. They come in a wide range of shore hardness and are not brittle. Although not as strong as metal welding, it is one of the strongest adhesives and also good for preventing sub-floor squeeks too. In Japan I believe they use UV cured white PU adhesive for large electronic parts on PCB's. It may also be used in dental fillings with ceramic powder filler.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back