Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy single components (reasonably priced)?

DRJP

I'll be replacing a component or two on a board which I'm repairing. What's the best place to buy a single component or two other than Amazon or eBay? Or is Amazon or eBay a good place to start looking?

I'll be replacing a component or two on a board which I'm repairing. What's the best place to buy a single component or two other than Amazon or eBay? Or is Amazon or eBay a good place to start looking?
For one or two parts, most of the price you'll pay is in shipping. What kind of parts do you need?

Tayda Electronics is a good source for small quantities of components or to stock up on larger quantities to have them on hand. I'm a very satisfied customer.

That reminds me. I need to stock up on 0805 100nF caps and a few values of resistors. When my box of SMT components hit the floor, a couple compartments popped open, sending parts flying!

Tayda Electronics is a good source for small quantities of components or to stock up on larger quantities to have them on hand. I'm a very satisfied customer.

That reminds me. I need to stock up on 0805 100nF caps and a few values of resistors. When my box of SMT components hit the floor, a couple compartments popped open, sending parts flying!
Tayda recently raised their shipping prices a lot.

Funnily enough, I tried to reorder some parts from Tayda earlier today - and they were out of stock :(

We only order one specific part from them, so I've been trying to find another source - and settled on (possibly) Mouser, so ordered from there to see if their part will fit.

It's only a volume control, as used to be used in old eastern radios, but I couldn't find anything like it on AliExpress.

This is the part:

$0.59 from Tayda, from Mouser it's over £2.50!.

Funnily enough, I tried to reorder some parts from Tayda earlier today - and they were out of stock :(

We only order one specific part from them, so I've been trying to find another source - and settled on (possibly) Mouser, so ordered from there to see if their part will fit.

It's only a volume control, as used to be used in old eastern radios, but I couldn't find anything like it on AliExpress.

This is the part:

$0.59 from Tayda, from Mouser it's over £2.50!.
Tried direct from Alpha Taiwan? Part # is RV170SF-10-17K-A10K and is still current according to their website.

I'm in Michigan. Just need a transistor and maybe a couple of diodes and a thermistor.
I'll be in Auburn Hills next Wednesday - let me know what you need if you're close by. I have more inventory of through-hole parts than I'll ever use in my lifetime. .

I'll be in Auburn Hills next Wednesday - let me know what you need if you're close by. I have more inventory of through-hole parts than I'll ever use in my lifetime. .
It's a a bit of a hike over there and I'll be out of town. So...if I find out what I need, maybe I can get them from you? More than willing to pay for them + S&H.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back