Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure out that this could be done as well,.

--edit--
alec_t, do you think it is okay if I skip to use GTDR? It is to complicated to implement with the circuit. I have no idea how to do it. I mean, the solution that I have right now, it is "good enough" to be an totem-pole?

Attachments

• totemtest2.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I made a misstake with the sign at Q2 , so now it works. Do you think this is okay, I know that Q1 and Q2 is not constant, I mean maybe it close enough to operating as a totem-pole?

Attachments

• totemwithGTDR.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 196
  • totemcircuit.png
    52 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
That looks more plausible, even if unrealistic. The devil would be in the detail of how you could acieve that gate drive arrangement in a practical circuit.

That looks more plausible, even if unrealistic. The devil would be in the detail of how you could acieve that gate drive arrangement in a practical circuit.
Its for simulation only, so nothing will be built in real life I just want to "make" the configuration to function.

I obtained Q1 and Q2 to be constant now, I implemented a SR-flipflop.

Attachments

• totemnew.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 194
  • totemPFCin.png
    40 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Is it strange that the totem-pole do not have so high efficiency (around 54 %)? it is much lower than the boost configuration (90 %).
Could this be due to that the PFC LT1248 that I use is not designed for totem-pole?

Is it possible to use a "correction factor" just to increase the value, so its more reasonable? I read that the totem-pole should have higher efficiency than
the boost . https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slyt718/slyt718.pdf

What should I do? Should I assume that totem should be at least >92 % and say that 54 % is not a reasonable value.. or something else..

--edit--
Is there any way to increase the efficiency somehow in the circuit?

Last edited:
What should I do?
Is there any way to increase the efficiency somehow in the circuit?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to either question. As I said, I've no experience with PFC (nor with driving a totem-pole stage configured to assist PFC).
How are you obtaining those efficiency values? As far as I know, LTS computes efficiency as the output/input power ratio, which would seem a different challenge than PFC.

How are you obtaining those efficiency values? As far as I know, LTS computes efficiency as the output/input power ratio

Yes, exactly like that, Efficiency= pout/pin. but I use hand calculation for the input power. Hmm, is it different? It should be the same I think.

I tried to change these parameters according to the data sheet, but it seems that the output doesn't change at all..Ronsimpson, do you know how I can increase the efficiency for the LT1248 circuit?

Attachments

• totem_increase output power?.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…