Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure out that this could be done as well,.

--edit--
alec_t, do you think it is okay if I skip to use GTDR? It is to complicated to implement with the circuit. I have no idea how to do it. I mean, the solution that I have right now, it is "good enough" to be an totem-pole?

Attachments

• totemtest2.png
    totemtest2.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
I made a misstake with the sign at Q2 :), so now it works. Do you think this is okay, I know that Q1 and Q2 is not constant, I mean maybe it close enough to operating as a totem-pole?

Attachments

• totemwithGTDR.png
    totemwithGTDR.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 186
  • totemcircuit.png
    totemcircuit.png
    52 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
That looks more plausible, even if unrealistic. The devil would be in the detail of how you could acieve that gate drive arrangement in a practical circuit.

That looks more plausible, even if unrealistic. The devil would be in the detail of how you could acieve that gate drive arrangement in a practical circuit.
Its for simulation only, so nothing will be built in real life :) I just want to "make" the configuration to function.

I obtained Q1 and Q2 to be constant now, I implemented a SR-flipflop.

Attachments

• totemnew.png
    totemnew.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 183
  • totemPFCin.png
    totemPFCin.png
    40 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Is it strange that the totem-pole do not have so high efficiency (around 54 %)? it is much lower than the boost configuration (90 %).
Could this be due to that the PFC LT1248 that I use is not designed for totem-pole?

Is it possible to use a "correction factor" just to increase the value, so its more reasonable? I read that the totem-pole should have higher efficiency than
the boost . https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slyt718/slyt718.pdf

What should I do? Should I assume that totem should be at least >92 % and say that 54 % is not a reasonable value.. or something else..

--edit--
Is there any way to increase the efficiency somehow in the circuit?

Last edited:
What should I do?
Is there any way to increase the efficiency somehow in the circuit?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to either question. As I said, I've no experience with PFC (nor with driving a totem-pole stage configured to assist PFC).
How are you obtaining those efficiency values? As far as I know, LTS computes efficiency as the output/input power ratio, which would seem a different challenge than PFC.

How are you obtaining those efficiency values? As far as I know, LTS computes efficiency as the output/input power ratio

Yes, exactly like that, Efficiency= pout/pin. but I use hand calculation for the input power. Hmm, is it different? It should be the same I think.

I tried to change these parameters according to the data sheet, but it seems that the output doesn't change at all..Ronsimpson, do you know how I can increase the efficiency for the LT1248 circuit?

Attachments

• totem_increase output power?.png
    totem_increase output power?.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back