Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8x8 matrix PCB completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

edeca

So I finally got round to making a PCB for my 8x8 matrix breadboard mess. It uses shift registers for both the source and sink latches. It runs at 8Mhz from the internal oscillator and displays fine.

It's a pretty neat board for learning how to use shift registers, interrupts (to redraw the screen) and I might add the missing button at a later date. There is a breakout for some of the analogue channels too.

Power supply is on board, but it helps if you get it the right way round when you plug it in the first time (oops).

Before:
**broken link removed**

And after:
**broken link removed**

You can watch a short video of text scrolling here:
YouTube - 8x8 matrix text scroll
(which shows I need to sort out lighting and focus on my mini camera..)

A little bit of work to do on the text scrolling, the in/out isn't so good right now. I'll post some code in the micros forum when it is nailed.

The font might look familiar if your name is Pommie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back