Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Import PADS file .pcb (binay) into Altium or KiCAD

Hello,

I need to import a PADS .pcb file (binary) from Siemens into Altium or KiCAD. Do you have any idea? I don't have the full license of PADS layout. I know that Altium can import only from PADS ASCII PCB.

The file I'm interested in is here: https://www.analog.com/media/en/evaluation-boards-kits/evaluation-software/EE420v01.zip

Best,
What do they mean by ASCII? A Gerber file? Ask Analog Devices tech support to make the manufacturing files (Gerbers) and view them in altium

Searching "converting pads pcb file to altium designer" brought up a number of YouTube videos and references from Altium on how to import Pads files into Altium.

What do they mean by ASCII? A Gerber file?
No. Besides Gerbers and image prints, PADS has a proprietary file format that describes the board design using nothing but ASCII text. Once you get a feel for it, you can do things like update any text blocks without opening the file within PADS.

ak

I agree with AnalogKid, but the .pcb file from PADS cannot be imported into other tools like Altium as is. It needs to be opened with PADS again and export the .txt or other compatible file format that Altium support.
Anyway, is there anyone that has PADS and do this conversion for me?

The problem is that also EasyEDA support the ASCII version of PADS….
Someone do have PADS software and can open the .pcb file and export it as ASCII version?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back