Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

556 Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.p737

I need an LM556 to make two delays to two different outputs using the same trigger. I guess I just hook the switch to both trigger pins. My problem is in how to get the timer to delay an action instead of time an action. I need a fifteen second delay before a buzzer sounds and a twenty second delay before a motor turns. Neither action needs to last long. One second would be long enough. The motor would turn five seconds after the buzzer sounded. How do I wire a 555 to delay an action instead of time an action? Any schematics would be helpful.

Daniel Ramsey

dr.p737 said:
I need an LM556 to make two delays to two different outputs using the same trigger. I guess I just hook the switch to both trigger pins. My problem is in how to get the timer to delay an action instead of time an action. :? I need a fifteen second delay before a buzzer sounds and a twenty second delay before a motor turns. Neither action needs to last long. One second would be long enough. The motor would turn five seconds after the buzzer sounded. :? How do I wire a 555 to delay an action instead of time an action? Any schematics would be helpful.

Daniel Ramsey
hi,

am abit confused with your post, but let me clarify something;
1. what you need is on delay timer, right?
2.where does the 1 second time fit in
3. the motor turn on delay is 20s and the motor would run for 5s, is that right?
4. is this a one shot action or a self retriggering action :D [/u]

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back