Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer -Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon66

hey Im new here but I have been looking at this site for about 2 weeks now... I was too lazy to register :p

So hre is my question... how can I control the output pulse from a 555 timer... I saw on vid on youtube that the guy has and adjustment knob on it... any one know how to help me? Thnx

hey Im new here but I have been looking at this site for about 2 weeks now... I was too lazy to register :p
Google would have been easier than registering. :D
So hre is my question... how can I control the output pulse from a 555 timer... I saw on vid on youtube that the guy has and adjustment knob on it... any one know how to help me? Thnx
Here is a site with 555 calculators:
**broken link removed**
Google 555 calculator or just LM555 for more sites.

thnx for the help but I didnt understand nothing thats why I came here for help... Im using this but a rapid fire mod im making but it kind of shoots slow and i wanted to add a knob on my controller so I can adjust from shotting faster and slower... any clue what can I do to make my output pulse faster? Thnx

If you used the calculators above, you'd see that reducing the value of the timing capacitor or the timing resistor, will make it "fire" faster. If you want detailed instructions on how to modify your circuit, you must supply us with a schematic of said circuit and tell us the max and min fire rate that you want. Without a schematic, all we can do is give you generic advice like that above.

Last edited:
Video games... Geez, maybe you should put your efforts into something more useful.

Last edited:
You got a bald eagle and an American flag and you're dissing video games? It's right up there with apple pie and oversized gas-guzzling SUV's. A lot of us got into electronics because of video games.

Simon - the knob is on a pot. A pot's a potentiometer and that's a variable resistor. Turn the knob and the resistance changes and then you can frak the hell out of some noob.

Video games... Geez, maybe you should put your efforts into something more useful.

why ppl that have over 1000 post always have to act... you know....

If you used the calculators above, you'd see that reducing the value of the timing capacitor or the timing resistor, will make it "fire" faster. If you want detailed instructions on how to modify your circuit, you must supply us with a schematic of said circuit and tell us the max and min fire rate that you want. Without a schematic, all we can do is give you generic advice like that above.

here is the schematic

**broken link removed**

and here are the components

555cn timer
10k ohm resistor (R1)(Brown Black Orange Gold) ‐ $0.69 3)
56k ohm resistor (R2)(5 Pack)(Green Blue Orange Gold) ‐ $0.69
1.0 uF Electrolytic Capacitor (C1) ‐ $1.19 5)
.01 uF Polyester Film Capacitor (C2) ‐ $1.49 6) NPN Transistor (15 pack)

Simon - the knob is on a pot. A pot's a potentiometer and that's a variable resistor. Turn the knob and the resistance changes and then you can frak the hell out of some noob.

I was reading something calleda trimpod... will that do the job? thnx

You didn't specify a min and max fire rate so here is my guess at what may work for you:
fire555-png.25822

The unlabeled parts remain the same.
The slowest fire rate would be apx 12x a second and the max apx 68x a second.

Attachments

• Fire555.png
    Fire555.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,090
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back