Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer wiring

Tex260Z

Hi all,
I bought one of these CN101(A) programmable timers, the instructions that came with the device seem to have no relevance whatsoever.
The only YouTube or other information I can find refers to switching 12 volts DC only, though my device appears to be able to switch 230 volt mains up to 16 amps on the AC terminals which is what I am after.
My issue is that the application of 12 volts DC to the "12 volt" terminals seems to do nothing. Most of the circuit diagrams seem to show mains connected across all terminals??
I am waiting for the supplier to get back to me on it, in the meantime can anyone shed any light on this please?

This is how I presumed it should be wired?

View attachment Timer circuit.jpg
This is the circuit that came with it.

Timer (2).jpg

Update! just found a reset button, one press and display is working, just need confirmation on the AC side now.

Last edited:
The diagram is correct. Power is connected to the IN terminals operate the timer.

The OUT terminals are relay contacts to switch the load. As shown, the contacts apply line voltage to the load. If you desired to control a 12 volt device, the contacts would go in-line in the +12v cable between power supply and source.

Your sketch is OK in principle, though it's better to switch the "live" (what you show as active) side, and have the neutral permanently connected to the load.

Your sketch is OK in principle, though it's better to switch the "live" (what you show as active) side, and have the neutral permanently connected to the load.

Oops. I missed the linked drawing.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back