Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3d in projection TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

A friend of mine told me that his projection had a TV that has the symptom of being "3D", it sounded like this is a well known symptom, and that it wasn't just his interpretation. Apparently, the red green and blue are not lining up, so there are three different pictures in different colors.

What part needs to be replaced/fixed?
How hard is it to fix this?

zachtheterrible said:
A friend of mine told me that his projection had a TV that has the symptom of being "3D", it sounded like this is a well known symptom, and that it wasn't just his interpretation. Apparently, the red green and blue are not lining up, so there are three different pictures in different colors.

What part needs to be replaced/fixed?
How hard is it to fix this?

It might just need adjusting, it's called 'convergence setup', in the olden days ALL colour TV's needed those adjustments doing - now almost all TV's use precision pre-aligned tubes (with the exception of the Sony Trinitron).

CRT type projection TV's (like the one you're talking about), have three small independent tubes, one for each colour - you need to align them so the pictures are on top of each other.

With most projection sets it's done from the remote control, and is often a customer adjustment - see if you can find the instruction book?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back