Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1Hz timebase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike said:
Hey guys, it's hard to keep things neat on those wireless breadboards. Here's what one of my early clock projects looked like. Pretty sad, huh?

Mike

I agree. ..........

Try a Dallas Semi (Maxim Integrated) DS32KHz unit which are available as free samples from the website. This will get you a very accurate and temp compensated 32.768 KHz timebase . Feed the output into a CD4020 ripple counter to obtain 2 Hz out. Then divide this with a 1/2 of a 4013 flip-flop to provide you with the accurate 1 Hz required to drive the one's of seconds in the digital clock. You could also use one of the outputs on the 4020 as a high frequency to set your clock.

By now, he should be running a Rubidium based clock. Maybe he has saved money enough along these 8 years. :p

Agreed. However, if he can't afford a Rubidium source he cane use the suggestion I made. I have been building digital clocks of various types since the 60's. My newer (last 10 years) clocks use this time base implementation which is more accurate than the 60 Hz line frequency (according to Maxim Integrated).

Agreed. However, if he can't afford a Rubidium source he cane use the suggestion I made. I have been building digital clocks of various types since the 60's. My newer (last 10 years) clocks use this time base implementation which is more accurate than the 60 Hz line frequency (according to Maxim Integrated).
Augustin was referring to the age of the thread..... The OP hasn't been seen for 8 years... So I doubt he'll see your advise..

I have seen several posts on various sites asking the same question. I was just trying to provide a little helpful information for others with the same delima.

I have seen several posts on various sites asking the same question. I was just trying to provide a little helpful information for others with the same delima.
Fine!... As long as you are aware.... We need helpful people like you here at ETO..

Carry on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back