Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1Hz clock pulse generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bucket and rope look to have been photoshopped in based on the bucket illumination.

I thought the well had been too, but the bricks match the front fence and the well and driveway both have matching black mold. ;)

So, what was the "Well...................." posting all about?

Ken

Last edited:
i think u should get a simple microcontroller using it u can easily create any frequency cycle :D AT 89C51 Will be good cheap and accurate

when the O P could do it reasonably well with cmos chips and gain experience, (otherwise the concept of KMoffett works well and simple with any salvaged clock module), perhaps there need be no hurry to jump to micros, even though i too suggested pic earlier.
mostly such queries come up from students and they need practice of design and implementation from normal chips initially and as time passes they would definitely use Micro controllers, i suppose.

Last edited:
I've already had my knuckles rapped for waking up an old thread. My reason for asking is that I found an 8 pin pre-programmed PIC that has 16MHz, 8MHz, 4MHz, 1KHz and 1Hz outputs. I can't remember exactly where I found it but could look it up if anyone wants to know. It solved lots of problems for me, whilst taking up barely any space. Please don't tell me off again, I am just replying!

I've seen that page with the multiple frequency o/ps on the pic, a ways back.
Learned quite a bit from that.
See no telling off.

I've already had my knuckles rapped for waking up an old thread. My reason for asking is that I found an 8 pin pre-programmed PIC that has 16MHz, 8MHz, 4MHz, 1KHz and 1Hz outputs. I can't remember exactly where I found it but could look it up if anyone wants to know. It solved lots of problems for me, whilst taking up barely any space. Please don't tell me off again, I am just replying!
It wasn't a ticking off... Mearly I was saying the same as crutschow... You wont get a answer..

If you want an 8 pin pic with selectable outputs I'm sure I or someone else could do a program that would do that!!

Ian,

My post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but thank you anyway.

Your suggestion is interesting - I originally wanted 40MHz and plumped for 16MHz (having to modify my project accordingly) as I had so much of a problem creating a reliable Xtal-controlled 40MHz CPG with either gates or discretes or both (not having any previous experience of such). I found about 12 different ccts of manifold design but either I couldn't get them to work at all, or they were inaccurate or they failed to work after power-down ... power-up, so was delighted to find the IC mentioned, even though the end result would not be quite as good as with a 40MHz clock.

Did not follow closely the last chips (PICs) in the last two years. Wondering what are the highest frequency their PWM could output nowadays. And what are the highest clock frequency they can take at the input.

I recall a thread in the Microchip forum discussing the highest frequency a pin could output. The point was that when you put two or more output pins into play, things were not simple because the code overhead.

Could you show a link? Curious about the code.

Ian,

You have forced me to look up where I purchased said ICs! I assumed it was a PIC because:

"The PIC12F1501 has an internal factory calibrated 16MHz clock that has an error rate of less than 1%. Not as accurate as a crystal, but accurate enough for our needs. It also has two Configurable Logic Cells (CLC's) which allow you to build some basic logic circuits without any programming code. These allowed us to generate the 16MHz and 8MHz clock outputs which would not be possible using program code."

from their website

https://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/ttl-clock-source?keyword=clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back