Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10-11 Meter Amp Help (Transistor Type)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBizzle

Hi I am trying to make a amplifier of 100 Watts on 11 meter and 25-50W on 11 meter...I have followed this scematic on this site here **broken link removed**

My question is how do I make the rf sensor resonate to run in the 10-11 meter band on AM mode I have built this amp successfully using a 2SC5200 Toshiba transistor amp...but I need to know how to change the freq...

There is another thing that i need to know what this means....

**broken link removed**

Look at the parts list What is (sm=kraal or 100wnd 0.2mm). I looked but could not find any info on this sm...???
Also I'd rather make this amp work on 11 meter can some one help is there a place i can find scematics....????
Can someone tell me or kinda explain what i need to do to use the toshiba chip with this design.....
**broken link removed**
My toshiba chip is enuff power for me to start. I belive that is a MosFet there I have 2N3055-115W (fT=2.5mhz) and TIP3055-75W (2mhz (min) ... is this possible?

JB

Last edited:
Hi JBizzle,

In dutch SM is short for sadomasochisme, I don't think
I have to translate that. :D
But in this particular case "sm" is short for "smoorspoel"
which means (rf) choke.
And kraal means bead, it's a ferrite bead.

on1aag.

Ok i got that but its got 4 dashes....so how many turns will that be i dont have a ferrite welll i do but its circular...so i want to resonate in the 10-11 meter band so how many turns do i need to turn 100? 135 turns and what do u suppose i turn it on a pen is what i have but i dont know mm so could not tell u how wide it will be but this is what i have to work with so .....

How many turns on a pen top??
**broken link removed**

please look here I want to modify this to work in the 21-27 mhz band using a 1 toshiba TSC5200 is this possiable????

Please help what needs to change in this diagram that will give me a understanding of whats going on and how things work....

Thanks for helping......73's

Hi JBizzle,

Let me give you a good advice, stick to the 7 watts VMOS
amplifier with the VN66AF, that's the only one that's easy
to construct.
For all other designs you need parts that are not readely
available in local shops and those parts are expensive !
Be realistic in your expectations, you lack the experience
to construct such a circuit, otherwise you wouldn't have
asked those questions.

on1aag.

Jeez, I know but I have a mosfet and a 2n3055 115W that I want to use ave a relay so that when I ptt the amp turns on... Thats the fun part im here learn. can you explain why and what i need to make the 7watt operate in the 11 meter band? So can you explain what i need to do for start? On his scematic of the 7 watt HF amp??

JBizzle said:
Jeez, I know but I have a mosfet and a 2n3055 115W that I want to use ave a relay so that when I ptt the amp turns on... Thats the fun part im here learn. can you explain why and what i need to make the 7watt operate in the 11 meter band? So can you explain what i need to do for start? On his scematic of the 7 watt HF amp??

A 2N3055 is only a low frequency audio device, no good for RF.

You need to recalulate and redesign all the tuned circuits to make it operate on a different frequency - if you need to ask, you're not capable of it.

I have the chart to convert this :

R1 = 4K7, R2 = 1K0, R3 = 47R, C1 = 10n + 22n + 10uf, C2 = 22nf

So correct me:

On the resistors 1k0=1k or 100ohm resistors? and with the cap's
c1= 10nF , 22nF, 10uF and c2= 22nf ? did someone forget the f or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back