Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where's boncuk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had also been thinking that he has not been seen for a while.

Looking at his profile, he has not been here on ETO since 27th Sept 2012.
Over a year ago.

JimB

I believe Hans has sadly passed away in Thailand. He was very ill the last time we exchanged PM's. I often used to chat to him via PM (old software).

A really straight to the point person and a great Guy to look up to for advise on life et al.

I really miss him here.

And even more the stories he shared with me about his time in the GAF (German Air Force).

Miss you Hans. You were a true friend.
tvtech

But was it really desease that got him and not one of those thailand girls that were supposedly always trying to do him in? :wideyed:

Hi tcm

I think his Bronchitis and lung problems did it. There was a post here somewhere (old forum).

Did you ever read his Blog?

Regards,
tvtech

But was it really desease that got him and not one of those thailand girls that were supposedly always trying to do him in? :wideyed:
I know which way I'd rather go (as long as the "girls" didn't have dangly bits ....)

RIP Boncuk if he has gone :(

Hans was 70+ years old.

The last Blog of his was about building his house in Thailand. He complained about stuff taking too long and builders not listening and so on.
Language problems between builders and so on. And then I think it all got to him and he fell ill.

I am only 50. I also don't get on with everybody. But those I click with are good forever.

Regards,
tvtech

Well his bronchitis was worsening as of September last year. That was about the time he last posted in this forum as well. Allow me to share my PM with him with you guys:

thanks a lot for your message and and your taking care.

Very much to my regret I must state, that the bronchitis has become worse.

My family is just fine. My wife plants vegetable all over the garden and sells it on the market. Although my income from retirement payment is pretty much compared to Thai income (70,000ThaiBaht/month vs. 20,000ThaiBaht/month for a university professor) she continues working in the garden and additionally grows rice on her own fields.

My elder stepdaughter works in an industrial installation in Bangkok producing tooth brushes. Her payment is pretty lousy compared to worker's income in Germany (5,000ThaiBaht/month.) I'll offer her a job at home taking care of cleanliness and watering plants and; last not least take care of clean window and window glasses.

That's a problem Thai women have getting married with a foreigner: They don't take care of windows and doors. An Italian friend of mine didn't build in any window when he had the house being built. Instead he just used aluminum frames with fine nylon mesh to keep mosquitoes out of the house.

My youngest stepdaughter has grown 16 years yesterday and I must say she develops into a beauty. She also gets good manners in the meanwhile like being patient, friendly and smiles when she is delighted. I just reminded her to get a driving license for her motorbike now. I don't want to pay a fine of 100ThaiBaht/day when she gets caught driving without license.

Getting a driving license in Thailand is a real laugh! The test is written in Thai language and the answers are multiple choice. A foreigner has two ways to pass the test: a) Do the test remembering the valid answer and mark it. b) Have a friend fill the squares for you. Minimum score is 50%. After having passed the test you jump on your bike and drive away. (Nobody gives a **** if you arrive there for the test using your own motorbike).

In case you have lost my Skype name, here it is: hermanthegerman421

Kind regards

Hans

Miss the old guy.

I believe Hans has sadly passed away in Thailand.
Was it Oscar Wilde who said:

"Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated"

He is over on AAC... I'll PM him and find out why he has left or stopped posting....
I vaguely remember a PM discussion with him in which he was very irritated by certain moderation decisions.
(At least I think it was him).

JimB

Was it Oscar Wilde who said:

"Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated"

I vaguely remember a PM discussion with him in which he was very irritated by certain moderation decisions.

JimB
I don't know if you have this right..... Matt (derstrom8) is over at AAC.... Hans ( boncuk ) may have passed away..

(If he hasn't... He'll be laughing his head off at this thread )

Probably Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
Looks like you are correct.

"My quotation has been incorrectly ascribed". (JimB 2013)

JimB

Sounds familiar. Certain disputes have been one of the bigger reasons for people leaving/getting tossed around here.
Seems like the main issue always starts with the odd disappearances of posts and threads but only by certain members and in certain areas of the forums.:mad:

It's almost like certain people or a person thinks they need to hide certain knowledge around here. :rolleyes:

I know Boncuk had issues with the scrubbings at times as well. Sorry to hear he most likely passed on. (Or was he just permabanned and it was never listed on his avatar?) :eek: :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds familiar. Certain disputes have been one of the bigger reasons for people leaving/getting tossed around here.
Seems like the main issue always starts with the odd disappearances of posts and threads but only by certain members and in certain areas of the forums.:mad:

It's almost like certain people or a person thinks they need to hide certain knowledge around here. :rolleyes:

I know Boncuk had issues with the scrubbings at times as well. Sorry to hear he most likely passed on. (Or was he just permabanned and it was never listed on his avatar?) :eek: :(

Hi tcm

You have it wrong. I have been pulled into dispute resolution a few times. Every now and again, I go overboard.
And all is resolved. Not that I purposely do it....just happens.

The Mod you are referring to is a really good person. He is not out to make you leave here or just go away. He simply wants to keep things orderly and well controlled.

I mean, I have sworn here and not been banned. Any other Forum would do that. That is what makes ETO special.....

One of my very first posts here included me telling Nigel Goodwin that a PTC is a not a Posistor. Nigel could have taken an instant dislike to me as a Newbie that thinks he is smart.....he never did that...

So, what I am saying is you have exceptional Moderation here. Everything happens for a reason. Adults that are world wise and grown up are running ETO.

Thank God for that.

Stay well buddy.
tvtech

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back