Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A big software update is on its way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about this whole change here where all is different....

Still don't like it, but......at least the Site did not crash....Only planning can do that. I cannot explain myself. I would like my old trusted ETO back. Not this new look one.

This new version looks like a hooker out to get potential customers...a pretty face and nothing else worth noting.

Sure, keeping up with the times is important...but I do not believe it suits this place of knowledge. To put it frankly, it is like turning online Harvard into a play school.

It's like inviting more problems and stupid questions because the site is looking "prettier".

Heck, I don't know. Maybe I am speaking trash. Just my 2c worth.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Where have albums gone? I uploaded some photos recently of my build of Mr RB's cap meter to show off, and now I can't find them!

The new format looks good. I vote for the return of chat.

chat is working, just not linked in yet :)

Thank goodness! I'll cancel my reservation at the Betty Ford Clinic for Chat Addiction Therapy. I'll be back for my fix! Once it is operational.

Can we get a spell checker for those of us who are spelling challenged?

Serious problem!!!

On previous reply (above) of mine, I just can Quote another's post, can't post my own reply. I was using UC Browser on my cell phone. Previous software was very compatible in Mobile version too. But this is not good for mobile browser like UC Browser. Please at any cost make the site compatible to any mobile browser.

Now using OperaMini on cell phone, feeling little better than UC Browser. And hope we can attach more than One files at once like before!

Last edited:
I always admired the former layout of this site, it was different from most others I am a member on. However, this new layout seems very bubbly and plastic-y, and I personally don't care much for it. I understand what you're doing, EM, and I respect it. I just don't know if I can get used to this, personally.

Just my opinion.
Regards,
Matt

Where is the link for chat? I do not see it anywhere...?

EDIT: Sorry, misread the previous posts. I look forward to the return of the chat.

Matt

Last edited:
Seems to work fine on a Droid cellphone.

Hi,

I noticed a few things not working yet but we'll just have to give it a few days.
I hope you guys are not too unhappy with the new software. It may seem different but once the bugs are ironed out it will probably be nicer to work with and it sounds like eventually there will be more options for us posters too.

tvtech wrote:
This new version looks like a hooker out to get potential customers...

ElectroTech so horny!
ElectroTech love you longtime!
ElectroTech give you everything you want!

JimB

Avatar's are back! Next up attachments.
At least some of them ;)

My real purpose of this comment regards attachments. It was sort of half working a few minutes ago. At least, it seemed to let me post an image from a link. I could not post or upload from my local PC, which I assume is what you are referencing.

John

Avatars should all be correct now.. When you see a blank one it's just the placeholder - The old site didn't have the place holders so it looks like alot are missing. If however I am incorrect and there are missing ones, please let me know details and ill quickly resolve it.

Im currently working on attachments.. should have them resolved soon.

Attachments are back! All 56,000 of them :)

Okay, now that the main forum data is properly imported I can start to resolve some of the other issues.

By the way, if you wondering what some of the new features are, here are some to play with:

- Member tagging (Add @ in front of someones username)
- Watching Forums (subscribe to forums)
- Responsive design (for small browsers - a bit buggy at the moment - will fix)
- and there's more..

Regards,
EM

It is looking good so far, EM.

I am a bit rushed this morning. Working on the water supply for my home, so please excuse if the answers to these questions are obvious.
1) How do you clear alerts?
2) Where are blogs?

Be back late this afternoon, hopefully. If I am not, I am in a hotel.
John

1) How do you clear alerts?
2) Where are blogs?

@jpanhalt, you just hover over the alerts tab and the red balloon should disappear. If you mean how to you actually delete them, you can't or there is no real need.

If you don't want so many alerts, you can change your preferences - simply hover over the alerts tab, wait for drop down menu and select 'Alert Preferences'.

Blogs are coming :) I'll try get them for you tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back