1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

3904 NPN transistor to drive a relay

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews' started by spestis, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Roff

Roff Well-Known Member

It's collector and emitter swapping that will give you marginal results, not collector and base.

Attached Files:

2. kurrodu

kurrodu New Member

Ron,

Now I realized that the circuit works fine as long as there is no load attached to the relay.

The load that I have is 240VAC 40Watt bulb.

I think there is noise that is being generated. So do you think there would be any protection circuit for this?

My friend asked me to look at weber circuit.

3. kurrodu

kurrodu New Member

Thank You all

Finally, I have used an opto coupler MOC 3021 and a triac Bt139 that solved my problem.

Thank you all for the support.

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. Tom81

Tom81 Member

I know this post is a few months old now BUT... I had a similar problem a while back - http://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/driving-relays-using-pic-16f88.97988/

Opto coupling is definitely the way to go for reliability, although if this is not an option (IE too expensive) have a look at the above thread. Might give you some ideas.