Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Your fastest ACTUAL download speed (screenshot req.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we understand. Make sure the $20 comes out of you allowance. :) LOL

I'll be able to drive and I have talked to several nearby computer repair places nearby, so will be driving myself to the bank :p

Krumlink, games do not need that much down bandwidth, upstream bandwidth maybe, but even MMORPHS like WOW don't need more than bout 32kB up. I get about 35kB up to a speed test site in California, nothing I can't play. Anything more than that might be useful for some first person shooters being it helps with lower latency, but not many. If you want to pay for it though that's fine. When you get it try downloading a big linux distribution from a torrent. If there are enough seeders in the torrent you'll get fantastic download speeds.

It seems to be on topic, and I'm curious, does anyone know of a bandwidth monitor that you can install in a taskbar, or vista sidebar? Not to measure current speed but to measure total actual bandwidth used over a a week/month whatever.

The circumstances of each of our bandwidth needs are different. It is impossible to argue your situation when you don't know all the details of our useage.

If you need all that capacity because your one of those bulk junk mail distributors I am coming over there personally and wreck up the place! :D

But if your needing it for good honest money making stuff tell us more and how we get in on it!:)

Yeah, those very high bandwidth speeds aren't necessary unless you're gaming and such. Mine is around 2Mbp and I game at times and being older now, my reflexes are slower these days, so all the speed in the world isn't going to better my scores. It's difficult to finish in the top 10 places against young gamers who have fast connections, fast reflexes, rudder pedals, X-Box type controllers, and such. Sometimes I don't why I even bother!:(

Yeah, those very high bandwidth speeds aren't necessary unless you're gaming and such. Mine is around 2Mbp and I game at times and being older now, my reflexes are slower these days, so all the speed in the world isn't going to better my scores. It's difficult to finish in the top 10 places against young gamers who have fast connections, fast reflexes, rudder pedals, X-Box type controllers, and such. Sometimes I don't why I even bother!:(

Yeah... but If you quit they can't pad their stats anymore. :rolleyes:

thats 2.02Meg/sec. I went for a fairly big package to ensure a constant download to check I was saturating my pipe

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    428 KB · Views: 353
That had to have been cached, or local?

Last edited:
That had to have been cached, or local?

nop I cleared my local distfile directory first
I am on 24mbps download and 1.3mbps upload. I actually get 20mbps and 1.3mbps
Which works out to be roughly 2.## megabyte/sec download and ??? upload

Damn nice FTP servers you used there =) So much of the net nowdays throttles throughput.

**broken link removed**

Not the fastest I've ever seen on this connection, but still well within my SLA...

:)

salviya and Simple Minimal, this thread is over 3 years old. There is a more recent speed test thread here (granted, it started even earlier, but it's been posted to for the past year).

Before posting on another thread, please make sure it is up to date. We try not to resurrect old threads here unless it's absolutely necessary. :D

Welcome to ETO, guys :)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back