Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What speed internet conection do you have?

What speed internet conection do you have?

• 56K (let me gues dial up)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10M

• Whats this "internet conection"?

• I dont have internet

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speedtest.net gave me 38Mbps direct on Acanac (unlimited DL) over Cable carrier in Toronto while using my Puffin cloud browser over iOS/ iPad gave me 750-831Mbps up and down to Silicon Valley from anywhere.

fast but not the bottleneck for browser viewing.

50Mb here, but I am thinking of downgrading since it is very expensive and I don't really need the speed, although it is nice to have.

This is something I've not thought about for a long time. So, just checked, 50M down and 20M up. On large downloads I can (sometimes) achieve around 6 M bytes per second.

Mike.

On large downloads I can (sometimes) achieve around 6 M bytes per second.
When downloading you have to consider the other end of the fiber. (wire) They may have a slow connection or slow computer.

Consider "turbo tax" tax software. They probably have 100s of computers, fiber connection you can't believe, 200 hard drives etc. But they have 10,000 people downloading all at the same time. Then there are 256 Russian Bots trying to get in. Then another 1280 Russian Bots down loading trying to deny service.

When I download things like Snappy Driver Installer (17G of very useful software) I do it as a torrent so multiple people are uploading at the same time - that's when I hit the 6M byte speed. My guess is that 6M byte is approx 60M bit.

Mike.
Edit, there seems to be two competing versions of snappy - I get it from here. Note the torrent option.
Edit2, it's interesting that when this thread started no one could imagine the current speeds being achieved. Hence the option above of "100M (Im not talking about your LAN network speed) ".

8MB download 3MB upload on a good day. Almost never see 8MB download though. Usually just 3 or 4MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back