Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So How Fast is Your Internet Speed? Test here & Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
as ADSL, when I used BSNL at Hyderabad an year ago, i used to get 1.86Mbps download and 485kbps upload. Presently i use BEAM teleat 4+4mbps and annual payment of below 7000 bucks (in Indian Rs)

but your present download speed is discouraging, that too from Indian capital. perhaps the speed could be faster, atleast for download. btw, what is the plan you had taken?

Perhaps you can make a case with MTNL,

Hello Mr. sarma
My speed fluctuates wildly from 1.7Mbps to 0.2 Mbps :), we get better speed in night after 12 or in day time(2-4), I pay Rs900 monthly. my plan is 2 Mbps unlimited data.
I see you live in Hyderabad that is an IT city, High speed is must there. but here only in country side (small towns) we het such speed because there are no users

Speed upgrade:
4026164602.png

3308070693-png.84294

Year before that before and upgrade.

This is better compared to last year. I'm going to have to check into other providers. I currently have DSL and could get a better deal with Comcast, I just don't trust them they don't have many competitors where I'm at.

Google is going to trying and tap into some fiber locally installed in my town. The previous fiber company went bankrupt and we are next to the first test town Google fiber did in a Town called Provo. Hopefully they can make it work.

Edit: Bad time to be testing while everyone is home on New Years Day lol. I'll do another tomorrow.

Last edited:
I worked with 45 baudot thru the days of computer modems being 300 and 1200 baud. From there it was 14.4 kb, 28.8 kb, and 33.6 kb. Then onward to DSL and cable. Currently on a 20 Mbps download 1.5 Mbps upload connection. So I guess I went from snail's pace where typing can outrun the connect, to a jack rabbit over the last 40 years. Still waiting for fiber to be available ... .

4026765782.png

4026768159.png

Last edited:
Ok, just got installed with cable and don't know what the best or worst in my area.

New test....

4161361409.png

Decided to do another test today and see what I had.

4180977438.png

Your internet speed is very very fast.

Long time; guru:)

Yes, I took a chance and doubled and tripled the speed.

If you look at my history it will be broken in the next three or six months. I'm hoping we will get fiber since google is in the next town. They're looking at our city and might be changing things.

I can only hope:)

kv

I can't complain. Using iPad with a low cost Cloud browser is pretty good and supports Java for iOS
iPad(only)

1320026300_1425269503.jpg

But my bottleneck is cloud to me at 38Mbps Down / 3Mbps up unlimited downloads (ACANAC ISP)

I worked with 45 baudot thru the days of computer modems being 300 and 1200 baud.

I recall it was 55 Baud, but I started at 110 Baud with Lunar Lander games on IBM360 and teletype in the hallway of classes.

Then in early 80's we designed a network with T1 to the home for a phone company in MB . It was called Project IDA. (ISDN Broadband WAN)

My standard test for Net Speed isn't Speedtest but rather a Randomwebsite in a browser favorite bar. If I can fetch 25 random webpages per minute averaged. This combines latency DNS search and download speed as well as OS response with any background crap, which is most people's bottleneck.

45 baud was the RATT speed...so that dictated the speed on our 60 mA networks.

I think some banks still use 45 baud when they say they do a TT ;) and can be very slow.

Although I must say genisys credit union does put their customers first and recurring WT's with a Pin # per recipient are very fast and painless online for international transfers.

I can't complain. Using iPad with a low cost Cloud browser is pretty good and supports Java for iOS
iPad(only)
/pic snipped
But my bottleneck is cloud to me at 38Mbps Down / 3Mbps up unlimited downloads (ACANAC ISP)
Jeepers Tony, that is one hell of a connection!

This is me:
4184654712.png

Yes it is. Its called the Puffin Browser at the Apple Store ( free and pay versions differ with Java support I think )

45Mbps is quite a good speed.
How are you now a days !!

At Hyderabad, India, M/s Hathway isp promises 50Mbps at 12$ a month, but i suspect their claim

presently i use beam (now called acttv) and here are my results

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back