Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for being kind.

But honestly if I was a board member for a while the razzing etc. would be fine. But I am new and getting slammed on caught me off guard.Especially calling me a liar just because I did not answer the question to their satisfaction.

I deal with Surgeons everyday that would make these guys look like Ewoks but I know my ground with them. Here not sure.

Also when someone is asking me a question I cannot always tell the intention or attitude because I do not know that person.

As I said originally this is a cool place and there is alot of information here that is very valuable.

Thats what interested me.

As for my wife she thinks some of you are funny.

C.:D

Last edited:
Had you been a board member for a while then this situation wouldn't have come up. However, you decided ,in your very first post, to criticize people who freely give their time to try and help people. You then went on to defend yourself by stating how clever and knowledgeable you were. Really, not a good start.:(

I look forward to your helpful posts. Especially to the "Help I need ....." :D

BTW, welcome.:)

Mike.

As for my wife she thinks some of you are funny

Which of us are funny?

PS there are few females on this forum, watch out for teenage boy members looking for a love connection (they won't know your male based on your username, heck most don't even Google the most simple questions)

I remember "The Office" US series where the boss thought a good nickname for dating sites was "Little kid lover" :eek:
"The Office" (2005) - Memorable quotes

Thanks for the info.

My wife was saying that some of the posts were funny.

Now that I know about the ribbing etc I am fine.

I like alot of the different areas of Electronics that are on this board.

My hobby is building light displays for props etc.I also enjoy collecting one of a kind or limited props(Replicas) from movies. I have a few things from Timeless Terminator. Also Alien , Predator, Blade, Etc.

I have made a few Props for people from Trek,Bab5. etc.

But with everyone suing everyone it is hard to do now.

I still help people when I can I get alot of questions how to build simple circuits that flash or sequence lights.

I remember the days when we used motors that rotated coming in contact to light a light. Now with the Microcontrolers it is a breeze.

C.

Last edited:
Lady...lookit that...I turn my back for a day...and you made a ton of "friends".
Just think...you'll never be alone now. Let me know when you get into your second multiple-posting fight...I cant seem to scratch my arse around here without sturring up the natives.
Just remember...some around here are super-sensitive types....just not me.

I spent 20 years doing special effects in movies, so I have quite a collection of movie props around. My favorites are the ones from Planet of the apes, and I ROBOT, and RoboCop...just to name a fiew. Unpacked a box the other day...only to find one of the "Dorothy Balls" from the movie Twister.

Last edited:
I am a friend of Paula Crist. She did some stunt work in Planet Of The Apes.

I too have some Robo stuff by Bruce Hansing.

Arse; Lol

C:D

Unpacked a box the other day...only to find one of the "Dorothy Balls" from the movie Twister.

Smoley hokes - I made the "Dorothy Ball" for the Twister pinball machine when I worked for Sega.

Do you have a picture of the original Dorothy Ball?

I certainly would not get angry with the person but I have to say to remind someone to put batteries in a piece of test equipment is something else.

You have to laugh.

Not as bad as someone who claims to have designed all the equipment in a hospital, though. THAT one still takes the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back