Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wow these are small, Photo Light Sensitive Photoresistor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I put the diode in the correct location? What diode is used 1N914?

100_5438.JPG

74HC14 is 6 square wave generators in 1 package.

Still don't understand do you? There are NO square wave generators in that package! There are 6 schmitt triggers though. A square wave generator is made with the schmitt trigger. You should really think about doing your drinking after your posting, not before.

Still don't understand do you? There are NO square wave generators in that package! There are 6 schmitt triggers though. A square wave generator is made with the schmitt trigger. You should really think about doing your drinking after your posting, not before.

I have a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon Red Wine before bed it is better sleeping medicine than pills and taste better too. Schmitt trigger is another item that was not invented when I was in college 50 yrs ago I did not even know about it until a few days ago. I am still learning.

100_2576.JPG

Your diode prevents the capacitor from charging so the oscillator will not work. You want the resistor to charge and discharge the capacitor.
Maybe you are using the diode to change the duty-cycle so that output has narrow, short duration pulses? Then use one resistor in series with your diode and another resistor from the Schmitt Trigger output to its input capacitor.

Are you buying Cheap Chinese fake parts?

52 years ago when I worked for Philips I used a Philips Schmitt Trigger IC that had only two transistors and a few resistors in it like this circuit:

Attachments

• schmitt trigger.png
    schmitt trigger.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
My 18 circuits are in bad shape after being outside in the weather for almost a year. Back side of PC boards are gray/white color. LED wires are rusted so bad solder won't stick even after I remove all the rust. I unsoldered 2 boards yesterday they tried to re solder them and they still don't work. About 1/2 of these PC boards have the Red light stuck ON. I think I need to start over this time put all the PC boards and batteries in zip lock bags for weather proofing.

100_5441.JPG

100_5440.JPG

100_5442.JPG

I have many cheap Chinese solar garden lights:
1) The cheap solar panels had plastic covers that got sunburned but newer ones have a proper glass cover and work fine for years.
2) The cheap LED wires rusted so I replaced the LEDs with real one and they last for years.
3) The cheap batteries also rusted so I replaced them with (western) Energizer and they last for years.
Basically, if you buy cheap junk then you get cheap junk.

I have many cheap Chinese solar garden lights:
1) The cheap solar panels had plastic covers that got sunburned but newer ones have a proper glass cover and work fine for years.
2) The cheap LED wires rusted so I replaced the LEDs with real one and they last for years.
3) The cheap batteries also rusted so I replaced them with (western) Energizer and they last for years.
Basically, if you buy cheap junk then you get cheap junk.

YOU are exactly right. But think of it like this. Those LED light flashers cost me about 50 cents each to build. If they cost $10 each for 18 of them I would not be building them and learning new stuff. With nothing to do & being a prisoner inside the house for 6 months all winter I would probably be setting in front of the TV eating junk food getting fat & lazy. It is 26 degrees F here we are going camping for 2 nights. Camp fire will be warm & FUN. 14 blankets on the bed will keep us warm as toast all night. LED lights will have to wait for us to return.

I have 11 LED flashers modified with LDR they work good. Amazing how sensitive LDR is. Maybe I get the other 7 built soon. I squeezed 4 extra parts on the PC boards it only takes a few minutes. I felt good enough today to stay out of bed all day been having health problems since July. It is nice to feel good again. Zip lock plastic bag protects them from the weather. LOL

100_5671.JPG

100_5668.JPG

100_5669.JPG

100_5666.JPG

Explain this. I replaced a 5mm LED with a 3mm LED now the circuit flashes about 2 times faster than before. Nothing else changed. LDR circuit was added 2 weeks before the LED swap. 3mm LED can not be seen from the street 200 and 300 ft away.

100_5715.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back