Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

world's deepest dustbin Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjitha.bm

want to try and build a trash can similar to the one in video of "The
World's Deepest Bin" from thefuntheory.com. Here is the link to the
video so that you know what I am talking about.
**broken link removed**
does anyone know the circuit diagram or the list of components they
have used like what type of sensors , speakers, battery etc? if anyone
knows please share it guys...

Cool, Bet with some work you could teach it to say thank you!:D

what type of sensors , speakers, battery etc? if anyone
knows please share it guys...
Looks like a IR or LDR sensor
PC speakers
RC battery
And you would need a voice model or a Solid State MP3 player.

That is an awesome idea! :D I'm going to have to get some of those in around the city here :D

I wish you luck, and will be following this thread closely!

Regards

Last edited:
As for what's required for the trash can. There is a powered speaker set and a battery. Note the hand is waived in front of a sensor just before it is installed in the can.

An ultrasonic ranging module https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/01/00597b.pdf comes to mind as well as a PIR motion detector sensor similar to one of those automatic faucets or paper towel dispensors. There are plenty of voice recorder/playback modules available to store the sound.

hi can we use avr335 microcontroller for recording sound and playback???

You can probably use one to control a sound recording module, but I don't believe it is powerful and/or fast enough to record/playback audio directly. You can usually buy very simple sound recorders for cheap--I'd recommend you try that route.

I suggest to google for the ISD25XX series sound recording chips.

They are available for recording times up to 240 seconds at a sampling rate of 8KHz.

If the built in amplifier won't suffice just add a power amplifier.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back