Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple wireless communication options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

I am working on a circuit that would probably work best as wireless, talking to another circuit. Basically a sensor sending signal data back to another MCU to an LCD display. I have never done anything wireless and this distance will not exceed 20ft.

Is this going to be a mind blowing step to go wireless?

Last edited:
I am working on a circuit that would probably work best as wireless, talking to another circuit. Basically a sensor sending signal data back to another MCU to an LCD display. I have never done anything wireless and this distance will not exceed 20ft.

Is this going to be a mind blowing step to go wireless?

Hi Fastline,

I've been using pairs of these: OrangeRX TX/RX

They seem pretty good, and can be programmed, I changed frequency to the Uk legal 450MHz I've made a receiving Yagi, for better reception. And the range should be long.

I send GPS signals back to a computer.

Camerart.

Attachments

• ORANGE 433MHz.jpg
    ORANGE 433MHz.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 230
I think I should better explain. I am playing around with MCUs and boards. My design goals are to be able to add the required circuit to the existing circuit rather than buying another PCB. However, it might be that simple daughter boards with header are a smarter solution as the wireless part brings it own challenges?

Possibly we can work with an MCU with wireless in its design to make life easier?

I think I should better explain. I am playing around with MCUs and boards. My design goals are to be able to add the required circuit to the existing circuit rather than buying another PCB. However, it might be that simple daughter boards with header are a smarter solution as the wireless part brings it own challenges?

Possibly we can work with an MCU with wireless in its design to make life easier?

Most probably not, there are some PIC's with wireless built-in, but they are vastly more difficult to use, and require good PCB design skills - seems a pretty poor option.

FAR better to use some cheap (and legal) RF modules, the nRF24L01 type are dirt cheap, small and easy (apparently :D) to use.

I have had success with a pair of 433Mhz transceivers ,(Aurel ) using data straight out of the PIC UART (Find a pic that can invert TX, RX or use similar to 74hc04 ) 2400 baud , but range at 5v is further than your requirements ,( 3v version to ) careful serial formatting and error checks are required but simple enough,

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back