Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wifi adhoc issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

so i got ethernet cable on my pc, I also got a wifi dongle. since i use the cable already, i wanted to switch the dongle to be ad-hoc, so i get tutorial and set up win 7 np , says ad-hoc is ready to go and is waiting for users.. but then I head out to my cellphone and scan for wifi, but network not found!?! , np google says not all dongles can do that... order some more junk on fleebay.

BUT the strange thing now is that i was setting up a new raspberry pi, when i noticed that the adhoc network is showing there and connecting ok!?! so its not a bad dongle? but then why cant phone find it?

Some phones won't connect to connections deemed a security risk (e.g. ad hoc networks). Apple, for example.

phone is samsung android .. it is able to detect the adhoc hosted from my other samsung phone
I set pc adhoc to wpa2 security , still no go on phone

u are right though , other pc s are able see adhoc too, so how can I make security adequate enough?

Last edited:
k i lied almost there... phone is connected to wifi freenet2 but no internet access

instructables put freenet2 on the wifi miniport adapter , but bridge is tied to tp-link adapter... but i cant bridge miniport to lan connection?

here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back