Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A dual wifi in a single board for being inserted into PCI

One happen to know some pretty good either common or customized dual wifi (card ) in a single board for being set into PCI or PCIe ?
mean just dual entry point, i.e. parallel receiving operations once.. sound weird maybe but the point is this's actually quite long time ago practices in view of S/W, as many Kernels have long had the module of such management capability to run such which gives term: blend or bind or etc (admit honestly I forget:))

what remembered just it'd clearly help a rather weak ISP connection get better

I'd suggest you use a Wifi6 USB adapter that has a cable connection (not a plug-in USB "Stick").

WiFi6 uses fully independent transmitters and receivers for each antenna, rather than just diversity antennas for receive. With a WiFi6 access point/router as well, it's a lot better at working in areas with high WiFi usage.

Some routers / access points with multiple antennas are even capable of beamforming by antenna phasing, so each link to each connected device is directional.

I've never liked the idea of putting an RF card inside a normal desktop PC case, as many motherboard emit a lot of RF hash that interferes with the receiver and de-senses it. Also, with directly attached antennas, the case metalwork messes up the antenna pattern.

Using a wired USB module allows the electronics and antennas to be well away from the PC case, so less interference and also no shadowing of the antennas due to the case metalwork.

Examples:

If you really must have an internal card, then this?

Software solution....one PCI, one USB dongle or two PCI.....

Regards, Dana.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back